Chapter 7:Rescue

Setting: Ash crawler

A few minutes earlier before the Aragami Attack

The Ash crawler was rushing to Beacon as fast it can, but it was slowing down. The AGES were distraught that the Aragami was moving faster than they expected.
"Dammit! can this thing go any faster?" Jaune asked.

"We're trying, the booter engines are disengaging," Ricardo said. "We don't have the energy to reach them"

Jaune thought long and hard, then as he was deep in thought he looked at the fuel gauge and realized something.
"Hey, does this thing also run in electrical energy?" he asked them.

"Yeah" Ricardo answered. "Why?"

"This could be a crazy idea, what if I use my lightning dust crystal to use it as an energy capsule to increase the speed of the crawler" Jaune suggested. "We can transfer electrical energy into acceleration power"

"That's not a bad idea we can use it," Hilda said. "Do it."

Jaune and Ricardo quickly went to the mechanical room, they searched for an energy port for the engines to energize electrical power, as they found the port Jaune grabbed in his pocket a yellow crystal and placed it on the port. Both Jaune and Ricardo moved back to wait for it to activate, but nothing happened.

"Nothing's happening," Ricardo said.

"It needs a reaction to activate it," Jaune said. "I need your gun"

"Why?" Ricardo asked curiously.

"Just give it to me" Jaune demanded, as Ricardo hands him his gun.

They both took a step back and juane pointed the gun towards the crystal and shot it, making the crystal emit electrical energy. As the crystal started to spark it glowed brightly,
"Okay," Jaune said. "Run"

They both ran to the control room, as they entered looking agitated.

"Okay everyone, you might wanna hold for this" Jaune said, as he held onto something.

Then the gauge meter increased rapidly.
"ENGINE LEVEL INCREASING RAPIDLY!" Amy said. "EVERYONE HOLD ON!!"

The Ash Crawler bolted fast catching up to the Pita, as they reached full speed it suddenly stopped making everyone jerked forward.

"Status report" Hilda demanded.

"Engine overheated," Amy said. "Nothing serious, but the energy port got a bit fried"

"Can we still move?" Hugo asked.

"Yes, but at normal speed," Amy said.

Then the Navigator beeped, the group looked at it to see, the Pita enter the forest.

"It stopped at the forest," Claire said.

"That's near the main plaza," Jaune said. "We gotta go there"