Ch 6: D'aaw Deadly Dominator

"Clarity! Clarity I'm here!" Nate yelled as he sprinted down the halls struggling to get his shirt on, he was even only wearing one shoe, sock clad foot making him slip and slide on the metal floor. The sneaker having been abandoned somewhere down the hall. The historian oh so late for the training session he'd been hoping for since he got his powers. "I'm sorry I overslept, the tea I drank yesterday really made me drowsy just ask-" Nate froze in the cargo bag door way as he saw Clarity sitting on top of a crate, Amaya helping Clarity tape up her hands. "Amaya."

"Nathaniel your head is through your sleeve." Amaya looked up from her task.

"Yeah, well I wanted to wear it this way." Nate replied, defensively as he shifted. He looked to Clarity. "What is she doing here? I thought you said this was just going to be me and you."

"It is." Clarity confirmed. "She was just helping me get warmed up and pass the time. I almost thought you were going to stand me up. Not like I wouldn't deserve it with how many times I skipped out on you, but I'm glad you showed."

"I wouldn't miss it. What's with the tape?" Nate wondered as he fixed his shirt putting his head where it's supposed to go.

"I might be able to harness the lightning in my body and channel it to make myself stronger but that doesn't give me unbreakable skin like you when you're steeled up and I'm certainly not invulnerable like supergirl is. I bleed and my skin splits, and my knuckles bruise and all that good stuff. I haven't been adding fingerless gloves to my outfits for aesthetic reasons, I've been trying to protect my hands in case I have to punch something unexpectedly. This tape is to give my hands a little cushioning, before it hits any steeled surfaces."

"Your lightning doesn't stop that from happening?" Nate wondered. "It must be really painful."

"It is depending on what I'm punching....Does that not happen to you? Do you feel pain when you hit stuff steeled up?" Clarity pondered.

"Not really? Everything usually feels sort of muffled. A punch feels like getting hit with a pillow." Nate admitted. "But energy blasts, stuff like that...that hurts depending on how strong it is."

"Hey guys, team meeting in 15." Ray told the group popping his head in before running off to tell some other team mate.

"Everytime." Clarity sighed softly to herself. Her braided hair frizzing her her hand glided over it lightning crackling. The tape Amaya had painstakingly put on her hands burning away. It had been a trend her training sessions getting interrupted at the bureau, why would it be any different here on the ship?

"But we haven't even done any training." Nate protested. "Can't we skip it?"

"You would have, had you gotten here on time." Amaya replied placing the role of tape down. "And that would give Zari the wrong impression. We all have to go, set an example, there's no real reason for anyone not to. It won't be so bad."

"I know, I know." Nate sighed, "I was just kind of excited about this."

"Okay, I need to go shower real quick cause I'm not going to that meeting all sweaty and disgusting, but tell you what, Nate once the meetings over and everything is all cool we can come back here and I can punch you uh I mean train you." Clarity glitched away to go shower and change her clothes.

"Like I'd even really feel it." Nate laughed nervously to himself once Clarity was gone he turned to Amaya. "I won't feel it, I mean how hard can she really punch? Right? Pfft, I'm not scared."

"I don't know, though you should watch out for her right hook. Used to send your grandfather straight to his knees." Amaya replied with a smile of her own walking off.