Ch 21: Crisis on earth x: pt 9

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Oliver stood in the kitchen with the kiddos relaying the news that they got Clarity back safe.

"But Clarity is okay now?" Jonas asked Oliver, William having an arm wrapped around Elicia's shoulders. Both boys knew the pain of having an abducted parent. In their case it hadn't turned out well, for either of their mothers, but the boys had been trying to be supportive and even optimistic for Elicia's sake since Sara had hobbled in and first told them the news.  Just because they lost their mothers didn't mean that Elicia would lose hers.

"Yeah, she's just fine." Oliver replied with what he hoped was a comforting smile. "Clarity's getting to work helping us track these guys down. She's a little busy right now, but I'm sure she'll come down here later. How are you three doing?"

"We're bored." Jonas confessed, he looked around the Star labs kitchen. "There's nothing to do in here and if we eat any more ice cream we're gonna make ourselves sick."

"Okay...well...I'm sure Cisco or Clarity have some Harry Potter books lying around here somewhere that you guys could read, or there's a ping pong table I saw that we could bring in here."

"Dad, enough with the kids stuff! We want to help catch these guys!" William protested.

"First off, you three are kids." Oliver began, "And second, you guys are already helping."

"By doing nothing?" Elicia demanded, blonde curls bouncing in her rage. "How is that helping? You're a liar!"

"With you guys in here we know you're all safe and not getting into trouble. The safer you three are the more focused we all can be on stopping these Nazi's." Oliver told the trio, he rummaged around the game cabinet of the kitchen trying to find something none of those kids would scoff at. They were too riled up for Uno, so that was out. They'd probably find checkers insulting too. "What makes things easier for us to focus, helps."

"We can do more than sit around here." Jonas protested. "Just give us a chance."

"We won't get in anyone's way." Elicia added. "Promise!"

"Please, Dad." William pleaded with him.

"You three have nothing to prove here. Your only job is to stay in this kitchen until any of the adults tell you otherwise. If you want to do something grown up, here" Oliver placed a chess set he found on the table. "Learn chess."

Jonas and Elicia both scowled as Oliver walked out of the kitchen. They already knew how to play chess. William deflated beside them. His dad was so unfair.

-Meanwhile in Cisco's workshop-

"Ease up will you? My sister might be kryptonian, but I'm not!" Alex exclaimed as Crash threw her quite hard up against a wall. Clarity's lightning crackling around her.

Sara was sitting at a bench, sharpening her knives. When she heard the commotion outside the room she was in. She immediately got up to check it out. She did not expect to see Clarity pinning Alex to a wall, lightning gliding along the other woman's limbs."What the hell is going on out here?"

"Nothing." Crash replied rolling her shoulders, smiling sweetly at Sara the lightning dissipating. "Just sparring." She returned her attention to Alex the look in her eye darkening. "If you think Overgirl is going to pull her punches you'd be wrong. She won't dismiss you just cause your sticking to taking out the minions. She might even gun for you given your preferences."

"Okay, great well, my body has had enough roughing up between the two of you, so uh..." Alex forced her way out of Clarity's hold gesturing awkwardly between Sara and Clarity. "...I'm going to go now. Nice spar, Clarity." Alex smiled thinly. It had been anything but. "Next time you should probably just find my sister. You punch a little too hard for me..."