-ˋˏ ༻ chapter two ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ CHAPTER TWO ༺ ˎˊ------

-----

"SAI, A HIGH TOSS," WATANABE Uehara, the team's captain said, snapping Sai out of her train of thoughts.

They were practicing receives, Sai's tosses and Uehara's spikes at the same time, with the rest of the team being on the other side of the net. The coach was observing them that day, occasionally walking in to the boys' gym every now and then to check up on them.

Sai, Uehara, and another player of theirs were on one side of the court while the rest were lined up opposite of them. It was Sai's turn to touch the ball but it ended up rolling off on the floor instead.

It's been hours since Tendou ruined her talk with Semi at lunch, but Sai still couldn't get herself not to be pissed at the red haired male. She thought that he appeared exactly when she didn't want him to, and it pissed her off despite being someone who was usually calm and composed.

"Sai?" Uehara called again, so Sai widened her eyes before realizing that she wasn't even paying attention.

"I'm sorry, I was spacing out." Sai apologized, bowing slightly at the team and the coach.

Out of all the girls, the ones who were probably paying more attention to the game were Sai and their captain. Being the vice captain of the team, of course Sai deserved the title. But at the moment, the members were confused as to why Sai seemed out of the game.

"Just pay attention for the next ball," Uehara replied, but she stopped on her tracks and faced the coach. "Coach, how about we play 3 on 3 instead?"

Everyone furrowed their brows, confused about why their captain would change their training for the day all of a sudden. The old coach Washijo stared back at the captain, and then at the other players who waited for his confirmation.

"Do you find this training too easy? Then, I'll get some of the boys to have a practice match with you instead. Yamamoto, go talk to Ushijima and tell him I need some of the boys to play a practice match with you girls," Coach Washijo said, surprising the girls from the opposite side of the net.

"But... isn't it a given that they're stronger than us and that boys' volleyball and girls' volleyball seem a bit different?"

"They'll thrash us around, just look at it,"

"What, you girls are backing down? It gives us higher chances of winning against stronger opponents," their captain said, so Sai smiled and then shrugged.

"If Uehara thinks so. Well, let's prove them that girls can win against them. I gotta go talk to the boys," Sai said, jogging out of the girls' gym.

As she jogged towards the boys' team, she shook her head. She was totally messing up earlier because of that redhead. And now, they had to face those guys because their sadistic and also somewhat masochistic captain wanted more of a challenge than what they were usually doing.

For goodness' sake, now I have to see that idiot Tendou again.

Finally reaching the doors of the boys' team, Sai walked inside and heard the usual squeaking of volleyball shoes as well as the thud of balls against the gym floor. She breathed in and out, approaching the assistant coaches who were watching over the boys.

"Coach-"

"Hoho? Why are you here, Sai? Looking for me? Or for Semisemi? I bet-"

"For goodness' sake, Tendou. When will I ever look for you?" Sai said, giving Tendou a smile that told him it was a gesture that said go away. "As I was saying, coach, Coach Washijo told me to borrow some of the boys so they could play against us."

The redheaded middle blocker chuckled, being ignored by the female setter. As he saw that she was talking to one of the coaches, he approached Ushijima.

"Hey, Wakatoshi, Sai said that Coach Washijo wanted us to play a practice match against the girls. You'll get to see Watahara again," Tendou teased, raising his brows up and down which only earned him a raised brow.

"I see her everyday on the halls. Aren't you a little excited yourself over Yamamoto coming in our gym?" Ushijima replied, making the middle blocker laugh.

"Me? Excited? Well, color me amused by your choice of words. I just love teasing the girl. I get to see reactions from her that no one else could bring out, you know?" the middle blocker said, laughing as he walked towards their vice captain. "It's my daily dose of amusement."

Not even Semi can.

"Goddamn it!"

Uehara's cursing could be heard inside the girls' gym, as Ushijima spiked for his team's winning set. Sai frowned, seeing Tendou smirking at her from the other side of the net.

As the sets were finished with the boys winning, 24-26 and 21-25 being the scores. It was safe to say that the girls put up a big fight, but they still lost.

While the members who played for the practice match sat down on their own benches, Sai groaned when she saw Tendou walking towards her direction again.

"Sai, are you sure you're not dating Tendou?" Akari, one of their members, asked her while raising her brows up and down.

"No way in hell," Sai calmly said, although glaring at the approaching redhead.

Coach Washijo was talking to both Ushijima and Uehara, with the female captain inching away from the male as much as possible. That just made the other players available to interact with the other team.

Which also meant I have to deal with a redheaded idiot who seemed to think that teasing me is like oxygen.

"So, you lost, Sai," Tendou smugly said, smirking at the girl while jabbing his elbow on her side.

"Well, it's pretty clear why. That doesn't mean our team's weak, Tendou. And, also? Stop bugging me," Sai said, giving Tendou a sarcastic smile as she pat his arm.

"Hahaha! You look cute when you're pissed off, Sai,"

"I said, stop bugging me!"

"I'm not. I'm just trying to console a friend from losing a practice match against our team,"

"You know what? You're annoying,"

"Tell me something new, Sai. I've heard that lots from you,"

Rolling her eyes, Sai jogged towards the other members of her team just to try and avoid the grinning redhead of a middle blocker.

Once she was sat down on the floor beside some of the girls, Sai sighed.

She had enough dose of Tendou Satori, she didn't want to overdose. At all.