-ˋˏ ༻ chapter sixteen ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ༺ ˎˊ------

-----

"OH. HELLO, SEMI," SAI GREETED, giving him a soft smile.

"Hey. Good luck on your game later," Semi replied, giving her a smile back.

"You guys, too," the female setter answered, nodding slowly as she looked around.

The amber haired female tried hard not to make things awkward after his sudden confession, since she had to be taken away from him by Uehara the last time they did talk with each other. Sai would admit it, she almost had a crush on Semi before, but it didn't mean that she wanted to date the guy.

After all, there was Tendou. Tendou who knew her better, Tendou who loved her despite knowing about her family's situation, Tendou who was there whenever she needed someone to be right beside her.

Semi looked down at his tray, his head full of different thoughts. To be honest, he felt as if he made a wrong choice about confessing to the girl. He knew then after Uehara took Sai away that he didn't stand any chance, and that it was Tendou that she must have liked.

Maybe I shouldn't have confessed, we were closer back then, Semi thought, smiling at the girl before looking around.

"Um, is this seat taken?" Semi asked, looking at the seat in front of Sai.

Blinking up at him, Sai didn't know what to say. She didn't want to sound rude, but she was with Tendou. In fact, it was Tendou who took her to the cozy cafe they were in at that moment. She looked around, seeing if Tendou already had their drinks, but before she could even answer, a tray was placed in front of her.

Both setters flinched in surprise, but the owner of the tray just gave them a big smile.

"Hello, Semisemi! Didn't know you go here, too," Tendou's voice suddenly cut the awkward silence between Semi and Sai, as he sat down beside the girl.

Semi gave Tendou a smile before slowly nodding, feeling his heart twitching at the sight of the girl he liked with his teammate. He knew it, that at some point, Tendou would make a move about his feelings for Sai, but he never expected that he will do it before the ash haired male did.

Truth be told, Semi wanted to make a move on her before the red haired middle blocker, hoping that it might increase his own chances with Sai. But as it looked like, he knew at that moment that Tendou Satori might just become the winner.

Tendou's eyes scanned Semi, smiling before looking up at the male. He felt threatened, knowing that a lot of girls preferred the setter and pinch server over him. The moment there was someone he wanted to keep for himself, he didn't know if he would be able to. After all, he knew that Semi and Sai were closer. Or so he thought.