-ˋˏ ༻ chapter nineteen ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ CHAPTER NINETEEN ༺ ˎˊ------

-----

FINAL GAME, NATIONALS...

Cheers were heard as the final match for Nationals was being held. It was the final set, and all the audience cheered for was either Shiratorizawa or Itachiyama. Both teams were already exhausted for moving around in a total of almost five sets, but Itachiyama and Shiratorizawa still didn't back down. They both wanted the win, but the goddess of victory seemed to smile down on Shiratorizawa more at the moment.

Panting and mostly tired since it was the match point of the final set, the Shiratorizawa girls had their hands on their knees while waiting for the server on the other team to hit the ball already.

"Come!" Akari exclaimed, glaring intensely at the server for the other team.

Smirking at the libero, the player from Itachiyama purposely targeted Akari knowing how exhausted she already was. The ball, however, instead of hitting the said libero, was received by Mariko after seeing that Akari almost tripped on her own feet by trying to take a step sidewards to steady herself.

Holy... Akari's at her limit, Sai thought, knowing how the other team's strategy was tiring out their libero and other great receivers after hearing over the girls talking during the timeout that Akari almost sprained her ankle when she tried to run for the ball on the fourth set. Even their best receivers were getting exhausted from being mostly the ones targeted by the ones on the other team. The long rallies didn't help either, but they held on.

Although knowing that it wasn't their only plan, but also to make her hesitate to set to Uehara who happened to be their ace by blocking all of her spikes (and breaking her spirit in the process), Sai couldn't help but worry too much about the second year libero who looked like she might pass out if the game went on with a few more rallies.

As the ball flew towards Sai, instead of setting it, she settled with a dump. Widening their eyes, the other team tried to save the ball and luckily did so when one of their members used their foot to keep the ball up.

"Connect!"

As the ball was passed on and attacked by the Itachiyama girls, one of the Shiratorizawa girls received it and sent it to Sai. As her fingers grasped the ball, she eyed their captain and ace, realizing that Uehara was already looking at her with a thirsty look in her eyes.

"HARA!"

Slam!

Silence.

The whole court along with the audience was silent until it dawned on them. Shiratorizawa Girls won, and that was when their cheering squad erupted into louder cheers.