CHAPTER 2

I sat in the car stunned. The driver didn't take me to a normal airport, I arrived at a private runway with a huge private jet ready to fly.

The driver opens my door, "Have a safe flight Miss" he smiles.

"Thank you" I step out and walk towards the jet. How rich is this Massimo guy if he's got a private plane and letting someone he hardly knows use it?

Inside the plane was big comfy sofa style seats with a bar and snack table. "Good afternoon Miss, my name is Miranda and I'm your flight attendant for this 4 hour flight to New York, if you need anything please feel free to ask" a woman probably early 20s says really enthusiastically, she takes my backpack and tells me to sit down anywhere I'd like.

I choose a seat next to the window and leaned my head on it, with a 4 hour flight might as well sleep for most of it.

"Excuse me Miss" I feel someone shaking my shoulder. I open my eyes to see the flight attendant standing over me. "We land in 30 minutes so I thought I'd wake you up so you can prepare" she smiles and walks back to her cabin.

I stand and head towards the bathroom, I look at myself in the mirror, jeez I need to fix this, running my hands through my hair and rinsing my mouth out with water from the tap I start to feel pain from my ribs and head. I lift up my shirt to see a massive ugly bruise that takes up majority of my stomach. John has favoured this spot on my body for a couple of weeks now so it never fully healed.

Normally I would take pain medication like I did this morning after John broken another rib but I forgot to take some with me, maybe I could ask Massimo for some and say I have a headache from flying, so I wouldn't have to tell him about John.

I sat back down in my seat and closed my eyes from the pain. By the time plane landed I was given my bag and walked off the plane to see a black limousine with a driver standing outside, he looked to be in his 50s and gave me a warm smile.

"Hello Miss Morello, my name is Ron and I'm you're families personal driver" he states and opens my door. Confused why he called me a Morello and why brother isn't here to pick me up I ask "Um what about my brother?" as I slide into the back seat.

"Mr Morello has some work to take care of but I assume you will meet him when he comes home tonight" Ron answers when he puts his seatbelt on and starts the car.

Its about a 45 minute journey to get into the neighbourhood, it was a gated community and I expected there to be other houses, turns out there was only one but I don't think you could count this as a house, this was the size of a castle!

Ron pulls up outside the second gate right before the house and says "Okay Miss, the code is 7309 and you can let yourself in, it's looking like it's about to rain so I'd hurry up if I was you" He gets out and opens my door and says goodbye.

Once I've enter the code the gate opens and I walk up the drive way to the huge front door, taking a few moments to prepare myself I take a breath "Don't fuck this up Bella" I say quietly to myself, it starts to rain so I take this as my cue to go in, Pushing on the door handle it doesn't budge. "Shit it's locked" I try to open it a few more times but it doesn't move.

I knock on the door loudly "Hello!?" but nothing happens as I expected, the rain gets heavier and I put my hood up and sit down and lean on the door frame, the pain in my ribs increase from the way I'm sitting and my eyes cloud up.

Over an hour later, I'm shivering, my teeth are chattering and my clothes are soaked right though, I hear the gate open, I lift my head and see a sleek black car enter.

——————————————————————

About to meet the first brother!!

The House^

743 words.