CHAPTER 7

It's around 6 in the morning when I wake up, my neck feels sore from the position I slept in. I sigh and stand up from the corner of my new room. Walking into the bathroom, I strip out of Zayns sweats and stare at myself in the mirror.

The bruises are getting worse by the day, I touch the large disfigured bruise on my stomach and flinch "Fuck that hurts." A rib might be broken but I have no clue how to fix it without Massimo or any of the others finding out. Shaking my head I turn the shower on and step inside.

I pull up my worn out black skinny jeans with a oversized hoodie thats tearing at the sleeves, sliding on my black converse that have a hole in the soul, I've probably worn the same thing everyday for the past 2 years, changing between 2 hoodies that John had to buy me to cover the marks on my arms when teachers at my old school got suspicious.
Covering the huge bruise on the side of my cheek and neck with concealer I make my way out of my room and head for the stairs.

Before going down I pass Zayn's room and leave his clothes I borrowed folded outside his door. I hope he still isn't mad at me for using them. I realise this is the best time to find some painkillers for the pain from my ribs while everyones in bed so I went to the kitchen.

After opening a couple of the cupboards I found one with first aid kits and pills. Taking a bottle of pills I find a glass and take 2 with water. Considering I will need to use them later I put a bottle in my pocket and wash the glass I used. Looking at the clock it's now 7:30, I sigh contemplating what to do until someone is awake, I sit on one of the stools at the kitchen island waiting for one of my brothers to wake up.

"Good morning Sorella!" A perky voice startles me 25 minutes later. I jump and lift my head off the counter to see Lucas strut into the kitchen full of energy. "Morning." I mumble quietly while he grabs a bunch of fruit and starts to chop the apples into slices. "Did you sleep alright? How long have you been down here?" He asks.
"Uh, I slept good thank you and I've only been down here about 30 minutes." I reply and give a tight lip smile.
"Ah so you're a early riser then?" He chuckles "On the weekends Elijah and Harry normally come downstairs around this time, Ace and Zayn wakes up in the next hour or so and Massimo Is already at work, so I guess you'll be joining me, Elijah and Harry for breakfast most mornings" He smiles and finishes cutting his fruit. I will be allowed to eat breakfast? I thought that them giving me one meal a day would be enough for them.

While Lucas was in the cupboard getting himself a bowl, Elijah and Harry walk into the kitchen. Elijah dressed in a all black suit and Harry in some running shorts and tank top. When Elijah sees me sitting at the counter his face lights up and gives me a soft smile. "Morning my Bambina, you're up early." He sits down next to me and kisses my forehead. Restraining from flinching I just smile and say good morning.
Harry sits on the other side of Elijah and doesn't make eye contact with me, my stomach drops seeing him, hoping he doesn't mention what I said last night I turn away from him and back to Lucas when he slides a bowl full of fruit in front of me.

John never allowed me to eat full meals ever, or anything really. I had to sneak his left overs while he was sleeping and that was hardly anything every few days. So seeing this full colourful bowl of fruit I was given made a lump form in my throat. "Do you not like fruit Bells?" Elijah asked when I made no move to eat it. "Oh shit Bella I'm sorry I didn't even ask if you like them, I could make you toast? Cereal? Pancakes?" a flustered Lucas asks me. "No I do!" I rushed out quickly "I just didn't realise you was making this for me." I stated as I picked up a grape and forced it into my mouth. From my irregular eating pattern I find it hard to keep food down and eat this early in the day. I hope I'm not sick after this.

"So Bella, You and I should be leaving around 10 to go shopping, is that okay?" Elijah asks while eating his own fruit. "Oh Elijah, thank you but you don't have to buy me anything I've already got clothes." I say sheepishly. "Nonsense, I saw that you only brought one backpack with you, that's hardly anything, and besides I want to take you shopping, let me spend some time with my baby Sorella that I've missed so much." He places a hand on mine and smiles. "Yeah besides, you need to buy some equipment for school anyways." Lucas comments.
"Well um, okay sure if thats alright with you." I look down and smile. "Of course amore mio."

2 hours later Elijah and I park outside the mall in his expensive black Rolls Royce. Feeling out of place in this vehicle I get out soon as possible and we both start walking to the stores. "So Bella, where first?" He asks while walking past loads of brands. "Uhh, I don't mind, whatever's easiest for you." He chuckles and leads me to multiple stores.

Several hours later and after declining to enter the more expensive stores such as Gucci, Prada Louis Vuitton, Elijah the reluctantly brought me to stores I've never even heard of like Urban Outfitters, Brandy Melville. We picked up a good amount of clothing and basic necessities and after several thank yous from me to Elijah we end up back at the car ready to leave. "Okay Bella, get inside the car and wait for me, I just need to pay for the parking ticket." Elijah explains and walks to the Meter that was on the other side of the street. When I was about to open the passenger side door a hand roughly grabs my arm and tugs me away from the car.

Turning to see a middle aged man who looks high and homeless I try to pull my arm out of his grip but there was no use as he was about 200 pounds bigger than me. "Well hello there gorgeous, where do you think you're going." He slurs and with his other hand he grabs a fist full of my hair and tilts my head up to face him.
"L-Let go of m-me" I stutter as my eyes water from his grip on my hair. "Now why would I do that when we could have so much fun together?" He grimly smiles and starts dragging me further away from the car. I tried to scream for Elijah but with his forceful hands on me all that came out was a sob.

All of a sudden the man gets thrown off me and I fall to the ground landing on my stomach. I cry out at the pain that rushes through my entire body. I look up to see Elijah on top of the creep pounding his fists into his face. "The fuck do you think you're doing, testa di cazzo!" Elijah grunts at him. The violence I'm witnessing from Elijah shocks me, he's always been so gentle and kind with me I never would have thought he could get this angry. The man cries out for him to stop but Elijah just punches him harder and faster. Feeling like I'm about to throw up while watching, I get quick flashbacks from John as I would cry out for him to stop.

"Elijah stop!" I didn't recognise my own voice. Elijah's head snaps up and he stares at me in the eye, throwing one more punch to the man on the floor bleeding out he stands up and rushes over to me, I flinched as he grabbed my hand to pull me up from the ground, a flash of hurt appears in his eyes, "Bambina are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He rushes out as he cups my face. "I'm f-fine." I choke out and look down.

I didn't even realise I was Crying until I felt him wipe the tears under my eyes. "Come on baby, lets go home."

——————————————————————

Hi! Okay I want to apologise for the wait for an update! I just had a block and I'm a perfectionist so I want to upload the best I can! Please tell me if you're enjoying this story it really helps!
VOTE AND COMMENT!!
FOLLOW ME FOR UPDATES!

1512 Words.