CHAPTER 5

If I can't see him, he can't see me, right?

That wasn't the case, he clears his throat to get my attention but I still looked down at my shaking hands trying to be invisible. That obviously didn't work.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you Bella." he stated sternly. I lift my head slowly as the rest of the room goes dead silent. He shows no emotion on his face and stands tall with his hands behind his back. "I'm Massimo, you're legal guardian and oldest brother" he stated.
He walks to the head of the table which of course, is next to me.

"How was the flight over Bella?" he asks once sat down. My stomach drops when I realise all the attention is on me, with 6 powerful men in the same room as me with this tense atmosphere it reminds me of the multiple occasions where John would invite his friends to come over and they would-
"Bella!" I hear Massimo repeat more loudly. I snap out of my daze and attempt to slow my breathing down but with everyones eyes still on me its proving to be harder than normal.

"I, uh, my flight over was um good thank you" I practically whisper in response, looking down as I speak. "I don't like repeating myself Bella, look at me." I almost whimper at the volume of his voice but I raise my head and he clenches his jaw, oh god he's going to punish me after a few hours of being here. Before he could say anything else Maria comes out with our food and places it down in front of me.

To anyone else this big bowl of bolognese would be mouthwatering and delicious, but after being starved for over 2 years I just wanted to gag at the amount of food in front of me.
Elijah sits down on the other side of Massimo and the rest of the boys start eating.

"So little Bambina, tell us about yourself, you obviously aren't the 5 year old who loves Barney anymore." Lucas chuckles. I gulp as I look up to see them all yet again staring at me, "Well, uh what do you want to know?" There's nothing that I could tell them that would pass as a normal 15 year old lifestyle.

I think Elijah could sense I didn't like all the attention on me as he changed the conversation about business after he told Lucas that I was too tired for all his questioning and he should ask me tomorrow. Around 20 minutes later everyone else's bowls were almost empty, mine however still looked the same as I only had one small bite and have just played around with it while sitting in silence listening to all of them talk to each other.

"Do you not like bolognese Bella?" Massimo asks, I feel my stomach drop at his question. He narrows his eyes at my full plate and waits for my response. "I um, had food on the plane?" I wanted to slap myself for the weak answer, his eyes snap up from my food to me "Are you sure? You don't sound to confident about that" I look over to Ace who practically growls at me.
"Yes I'm sure" I say loudly while looking straight at him.

Massimo is intense and intimidating but he's my legal guardian, my actions against his will result in a punishment and I don't even want to think what he could do to me as he's twice the size of John, the rest of them however, I don't care about, like they don't care about me. This is just a roof over my head for 3 more years then they'll kick me out again.

They all looked pretty shocked at the volume of my response with out any stuttering, Ace clenched his jaw and went to say something back but Massimo spoke just before "So if you're done Bella, follow me to my office I'm going to discuss the rules and expectations for you" He stands and walks out the kitchen expecting me to follow.

Rules and expectations? I try not to laugh in his face, yeah we'll see how that goes.

——————————————————————

FOLLOW ME TO SEE WHEN I UPDATE YOU ON MY POSTING SCHEDULES!!
Do you guys want longer chapters or this length?
Vote and comment!!!

733 Words.