CHAPTER 8

The drive home was tense. Elijah was on the phone to someone shouting orders to them in Italian. "Trova quest'uomo e finigli!" He growled to the person he called. When I was younger my mom used to teach me how to speak Italian so I understood everything he said, I never knew why she was so adamant about me becoming fluent in the language but it makes sense now. She taught me before she met John, soon after she started dating him he dragged her down and turned her into an addict. I never had an Italian lesson again.

Knowing Elijah sent someone to kill that man sent a chill down my body, the sweet elijah who was shopping with me less than 30 minutes ago was now a completely different person filled with rage and revenge. I flinch when he reaches over and grabs my hand, "It's okay Bella, we'll arrive home in a couple of minutes." he said.
Once he pulled up outside the house Lucas stormed out the front door heading towards me. "Where is he now?" Lucas growls to Elijah. "He's being taken care of, lets just get her inside." Elijah replies and and pulls me into the house.

Ace and Harry stand in the living room waiting for us. "Is she okay?" Ace asks, sounding bored but his eyes showed some concern. She? I'm right here asshole ask me yourself. Holding in what I really wanted to say "I'm fine it was just a little misunderstanding." Elijahs eyes went dark. "Little? He touched you Bella! He was trying to take you away." He spat. "Harry go get me some ice for her arm." Lucas ordered and Harry rushed to the kitchen. "It isn't that big of a deal Elijah." I turn to him, he pinches the bridge of his nose and takes the ice out of Harrys hands and placing it on my wrist where the big bruise is.

It took everything in me not to tell them that this bruise was already there from days before I arrived to the Morello mansion, John loved to tie my wrists up for hours when he would do multiple things.

Shaking my head not wanting to fall down that dark hole in front of the rest of the guys I take the icepack and run up to my room. Throwing the icepack in my trash can I go into my closet trying to find a certain pair of jeans, not to wear or to put in the wash, there's something I'm craving that's in the back pocket.

Looking at my worn out black skinny jeans I pull out a tissue that has a gram of weed rolled up into a joint. Ever since my mom married John she started becoming less of a parental figure in my life, John corrupted her by helping her become an addict and an alcoholic, about a year into their relationship I hardly spoke to her as she always said she had no time for me, and as the years went on the abuse started and got worse by the day, sometimes she would watch and laugh, other times she would be passed out on the couch with a bottle of whiskey in her hands, letting her child be touched and tortured by a monster. I will never stop loving my mom though, I don't blame her for not helping, she always said I deserved it and mother knows best right?

The weed helped me ease the pain emotionally and physically some nights after a beating, it would give me a couple hours of peace when the rest of my day was living hell. I'm not an addict or anything but if I saw a bottle or a joint lying around I would take it to my room for myself, subconsciously I was doing it so my mom wouldn't accidentally overdose.

Closing my closet door and laying a towel I grabbed from my bathroom I place it at the door so no smoke would go into my actual room, I get my black and red lighter from my jeans and light the joint. Closing my eyes while taking a long drag of the joint I feel a bit of normality for the first time in about 2 days, but knowing that this could be my last hit for a while makes me a little anxious. How am I going to ease the pain when  Massimo's beatings start? I've already sized him up to John and he makes John look like a little puppy. There's obviously no drugs or alcohol laying around this house so I'm going to have to find someone for my problem. After about 5 or 10 minutes I finish the joint and just lay there in my closet, taking this moment in of numbness.

It's about an hour later when I get a knock at my door, "Bella? It's Lucas, Massimo will be here in 10 minutes come down for supper." I hear him walk away from my door. Shit, I jump up from my closet floor and run to my bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror I lean into the it and stare at my eyes, I feel a little relief as they are not as bloodshot as they could be, only a little around the edges but you'd have to be super close to notice. I brush my teeth for a good 4 minutes while hiding the used joint in my closet draws. Normally I would spray a shit ton of perfume on but I didn't bring any from home and the one Elijah forced me to buy today is still in the car with the rest of my bags.

Walking out to the kitchen I get a pit of anxiety in my stomach, I still don't know 'my brothers' at all really, Harry hasn't spoken a word, Zayn and Ace look at me like they want to take my head off, I've spoken to Elijah and Lucas the most but that's probably because they are the oldest in the house that are here most of the day so they feel the need to take care of my for some reason and don't even get me started on Massimo. I get the feeling of deja vu when I walk into the kitchen, Zayn and Ace are shouting at eachother, I'm getting the feeling that happens a lot and harry is sitting quietly typing away on his phone. Not having really talked to this bunch of my brothers I feel slight more unease than I would if Elijah was in the room, which is very stupid of me to think.

I sit down in the same spot as yesterday not making eye contact with anyone, I feel someone tap my shoulder, making me flinch in surprise. I look up to see Harry sitting next to me "Are you okay now?" he says quietly, I nod "I'm fine." I only make eye contact for a few seconds but that was more than enough for him, "Really? It looked like you have been crying." He points out. Fuck, fuck, fuck. He thinks my eyes are red from crying not me smoking weed. "Um yeah, my wrist was hurting." I realise that my first conversation with Harry is me lying to him. He nodded and went back on his phone.

"I am starving!" A cheerful Lucas struts into the room with Elijah and at the same time Maria walks out with plates of our food. She places a plate full of fries and a steak in front of me and kissed my forehead, "Enjoy amor." She says while walking out of the room. "What did I miss?" A strong voice questions behind me. All of the boys look at me and down to my wrist. Massimo sits down next to me, at the head of the table, my head stays down, I'm hoping one of the others will fill him in on todays adventures. "How is your wrist Bella?" Oh, so he already knew about what happened. "It's fine, it wasn't anything big." I reply quietly but I raised my head to make eye contact with him, I didn't have the energy for a punishment today.
"Let me see your wrist." He says and grabs my arm, pulling it in front of him. He lifts the sleeve of my hoodie, I panic, any further and he will see more bruises of what the homeless man didn't cause, but to my relief he didn't. He stares at the big bruise that has formed on my wrist and his eyes go black. "È stato affrontato con sì?" He growls to Elijah. "Sì, è morto." Elijah nods firmly and continues to eat his steak. I try not to show it on my face that I can understand what they just said. They Killed him.

Massimo lets go of my arm and starts to eat his food. As 30 minutes of mindless conversation between them I sit quietly to myself and eat around 8 fries and feel full instantly. "Bella I let you off yesterday because I thought it was the travelling that made you lose your appetite, what's the excuse today?" Massimo questions with a hard glare, I look around to see the rest of them confused of my little to none hunger. "I uh, just feel sick from earlier." I lie quickly. Lucas looks at me in sympathy "It's probably the shock Mas, let her be tonight." He concludes and puts his hand over mine on the table. I hear Zayn scoff. "Fine but tomorrow you will be finishing your plate." He commands and I nod.

"So if that's it then can I go back to my room?" I ask him, He narrows his eyes at me and all of a sudden I feel even more nervous, under his eye.
"Actually Bella I've been waiting for you to tell me something all night." He looks at me in the eye. I look to the other to see them looking at him in confusion. "What is it?" I ask, also confused.

"Why do you reek of weed?" He spits at me.

——————————————————————
Omggg, this took ages to write. Sorry I've been gone for a while, more updates coming regularly I've just got to find a good schedule.
FOLLOW ME FOR UPDATES, vote and comment!
Comment your opinion, are you guys enjoying so far? Theres so much more to come!!

1747 words.