Chapter Two

The characters, places, and events are all from the imagination of the Author.

Amber's POV

            I squinted my eyes as I look up. The  sun looks super bright today.

            I looked at Mike walking beside me and he looked at me too.

           "What's wrong?", Mike asked as he raised a brow.

             Yup. Sometimes... No let me rephrase that... a lot of times...he seems to be waaaaaay more girlier than me.

             The first time I met him I thought he was gay. He always carry his pink teddy bear around when we were on kindergarten! Okay.. I understand that he was just a kid back then.. And judging people is bad.. But of all the colors out there! Why pink!

             His handwriting also looked very girl-like to me, especially if it's cursive.

               I love reading comics, he loves reading books, mostly EDUCATIONAL ones.

               I love rock music, he loves classical.

                He loves watching animal documentaries, while I love that oh-so-sweet WWE matches!

               I was a gang leader (don't worry I quitted that garbage) when I was 14, while he was the president of some weird nerd kids dedicated on serving the students of the school. I don't know what it's called... Was that Student Cow... cow...
Council? NEVERMIND!        

            That's why until now I'm still confused why I'm friends with this guy. Our interests are just too different. We are like... polar opposites.

             " I'm sleepy, and right now and my head is spinning", I mumbled. Rubbing my eyes, oh God, I can feel bags sagging below them.

              Mike smirked, "Don't read too much next time, I hope you hold on and don't sleep at your classes".

             I just groaned at him in response.

             We were silent after that as we keep on walking, we just don't have new topics to talk about, and he knows I'm not in the mood right now.

               The entrance of our school is getting closer and closer when someone bumped me at the back of my shoulder.

                That didn't really hurt so I just looked at the shoulder-bumper-dude who was running into the school.

                  Mike did thesame.

                The running guy looked tall.

                 "Boy... he is fast", comments my bestfriend.

                   " Yep", I added, "he looks weird though."

                   "Weird?"

                   " Yeaaaaaah... Look, I know there's a lot of people who wants to be an emo and they love Billie Eilish and that's cool! I love her too!

                     But dude! wearing all-black in this really hot day plus those big-ass sunglasses? How does he stay comfortable?! " I tried to explain.

                      Mike just scratched his brown hair and didn't speak after that. This is his way of saying ' I don't care'. So I kept quiet.

                       We finally reached the bulletin board.
That's where will see which classes we are assigned in. Thankfully there are only few students in front of it so we will be able to see our names easily.

                       Mike was in the Wolf section,( the star section of the school). I hated the kids there more than anything, they were all rich, smart, and good-looking (I tried not to puke). If you think that's not so bad. I'm not done yet, they were also rude AF.

                        I'm just so glad I ain't a part of that class.

                        Mike then turns to me and smiles sadly, "Uhm, I'll see you later?".

                        "Pfft hahahaha, Good luck out there mate!", I laughed as I patted his shoulder. Poor guy.

                       He then suddenly hugged me and I stopped laughing. "Uhh bro?". That's weird.. The last time he hugged me was when we were 10. When I helped him get his teddy bear out of a pond.

                    I have to do something or people will get the wrong idea! I was about to remove his hands off me when-

                       "Please don't leave me there!", he said slightly trembling. I frowned. I forgot about Mike's trauma in that section. When we were 13 and entered the seventh grade (first year highschool). He was bullied by the same class.

                         "Dude don't worry if they lay a finger on you just knock them off with your karate skills! Weren't you training in two years for that?", I grinned at him and he smiled.

                        "Uhmm, thanks.. And that was Taekwondo not kara-", before he could finish I pushed him so he could get going already "No problem! Now go!".

                       After he went to his classroom I went to check out mine and it looks like I'll be at the Poodle section!(Considered the worst class of the school) I like it there! I got so excited and jumped up and down.

                       After that I noticed a tall guy looking at me. Oh! It's the same guy that bumped me but now he took of  his sunglasses revealing his yellow eyes. He smiled at me and said "Hello".

                      "Hi!", I replied.

                      "I see you look thrilled to go to your class, Ms?", he's asking my name.

                       "Amber", I blurted out. "How about you?"

                       He puts his hand on his chest and bows, "It's a pleasure to meet you Ms Amber, my name is Smoke"

                        Smoke? I thought. Is air pollution really that bad to name your kid like that?

               Oh well... I hope we get along together.