Chapter Eight

All the places, names and events are all from the imagination of the Author.

                          Amber's POV

                 " Is there something I missed?", Smoke asked as he placed our lunch on the table.

                  " I asked Mike to hack that phone. Maybe we can find the reason why those goons kidnapped him", I replied and shoved a spoonful of spaghetti in my mouth. It's oishi!!!

                  " Okay let's eat first though."

                  All of us dug in as we happily talked about some random things like how our new friend is 117 years old but he doesn't look like his age, how we and Mike met during kindergarten, how I almost ripped up his favorite pink teddy bear, ya know fun times.

                But I suddenly remembered something that I didn't tell them yet.

                " Guys, I think those people we fought last night has something to do with the fraternity I created. "

                   The both of them stopped laughing and the atmosphere got serious. Mike already knew how I acted before, so he wasn't surprised. Smoke was though.

                   " Woah, your already dangerous before I met you?"

                   I rolled my eyes.

                   " I changed..."

                    He just smiled and let me continue.

                  " So last night, when I was examining one of them, I saw a tattoo. That tattoo was the same sign of that fraternity. I know it is because I was the one who designed it."

                   Mike clicked his tongue and snapped his fingers making our attention shift to him.

                   " Maybe there real target was you! And they took me as their bait. Classic!", he told us and he frowned.

                   " But wh-", before I finished Smoke cutted me off.

                   " See, I told you a lot of creatures out there want to get their hands on you"

                    " Yeah, yeah, fine... But I don't have any supernatural abilities, they won't gain much from me!", I narrowed my eyes at his.

                    " Not yet... It will appear soon, when you badly need it", Smoke gave out his creepy grin.

                  Oh God. We stared at each others eyes for a minute then Mike let out a big "AHEM ".

                   "Guys do you want to see what's inside of this phone or not?", He told us with a tint of annoyance in his voice.

                    We gave him our apologetic smiles as we sat down on his right and left side. He took his laptop and connected the phone with it. The next thing we saw him tapping like a racing bull on the keyboard.

                      A few moments later the phone was unlocked. We hi-fived and praised our hacker a little.

                       He then directly went to the Messanges. There were some convos we saw that belonged to his wifey 1, wifey 2, wifey 3, hooker from the bar 1, wifey 4, hooker from the car wash 3, and the list goes on... Now I don't feel guilty about stealing his phone.

                   " Eeew.. How piggy"

                       The two of them laughed on my remark. We continued scrolling until one catches our eye. It's contact name was 'Boss'.

                       I gulped down as Mike tapped on it.

                       We read all of it from the start. It looks like the two of them started texting 3 days ago. At first, they were saying that since yesterday was the first day of school it would be easier to take Mike and lure me to them.

                     Their 'boss' wanted me to be brought to him or her without being hurt. And he told this troublemaker that he will give 100k dollars if he can finish the task. The fool agreed of course.

                     Unfortunately that was the only thing in the convo. Not even a single clue who is the person behind that 'Boss' contact name. I gave out a sight to express my disappointment.

                     " Cheer up, Maybe I can track this person's location.", Mike grins reassuringly as helds my hand.

                       He then began, tapping and clicking at his laptop. Poor thing.

                        " This might take a while",

                       I glanced at the wall clock above us, it was still 12:47 pm. Lunchbreak is over at 1:30.

                           " Just take your time," Smoke tapped his shoulder and He nodded at him.

                          We waited for him patiently and anxiously...

                        20 minutes later Mike threw his fist up and yelled " Done!"

                       We excitedly looked at the screen.

                           There was a map of a city and a big red dot on top of a building. I looked closely to what the label of it said. It says Steward Biology Laboratory.

                         My eyebrows furrowed because of what I saw. Why would be scientists get interested about me?

                          The three of us exchanged looks.

                      " Mike try searching the lab's name on Google, maybe we can learn some stuff about them",

                       " Sure" 

                       As he clicked the search button.It's name did appear. It was a private laboratory owned by Andrew Steward then passed down to his son, then passed down to his son's son, then passed down to his great grandson, which is now the current of owner of the said lab.

          ...... His name was Cole Steward.

                 When we clicked up on his name. There were newspapers of his car crashed into a wall. And then his wife and daughter who was with him died.

                  He also got another article with accusations of him that he was an illegal drug user but due to lack of evidence he was never set in prison.

                  I felt my sweat dropped down to my cheek. This man is dangerous.

                   I looked at my friends with worry in my eyes.

                    They tried to cheer me up but whatever they did didn't work. Once we heard that Lunch time was over we quietly returned to our classrooms.

                    This whole time when the teacher was lecturing I just kept my eyes in a blank stare as I think about what I just saw a few minutes ago.

                   This is horrible. Yesterday I was at my bed reading my favorite comics and now I was dealing with problems such as how in the world do I save my life? Unbelievable!