Chapter Five

All the places, events, and names from this story is from the imagination of the Author.

                                  Amber's POV

                   Darkness... Deep darkness surrounds me. There is no light reflecting on my eyes. It wasn't hot nor cold in that place. There is also no air, I am not breathing anything! But I'm still alive!

                   I stood there motionless as I stare at the infinite black world I am in right now. I can't help but wonder... "Is this the afterlife? Am I dead?". A heavy sigh escaped my lips.

                  It wasn't long when I started to hear soft whispers. That made my legs tremble in fright.

                  'someone is here!', my silent thoughts screamed.

                   I closed my eyes and forced my mouth to talk... "H-Hello?"

                  No response.. Okay... Maybe it didn't hear me.

             " Hello!", I greeted again this time sounding louder and more confident.

                 "Heellllooooo ",  a voice behind me replied.. I gulped the liquid in my mouth and my legs moved to face it.

                  3 meters away my eyes made out a hunched hooded figure standing there holding what appears to be a scythe.. Uh oh.. I have to do something!!!

                  " Greetings! My name is Selina what's yours?", I arched my lips to form a not-so-genuine smile. Hopefully my  'acting skills' will pass

                   " That's a rather difficult question.. ", it started to move towards me. Okaaay...  it's voice sounds like a girl's.

                    " You see, I know all the things about you"

                    " Your secrets, insecurities,  and your hidden desires.. Everything you never told anyone.."

                    Bullets of sweat drop from my forehead and temples as it keeps getting closer to me.

                    " H-How?", best to keep her talking. Maybe instead of killing me,  we will just chat instead? I hope so!!

                    " Because... " she stopped, nearly an arm's length away from me and then took of her hood to reveal her face.

                     I let out a gasp as I looked at her. I couldn't believe it.. She looks exactly like me!

                     She smirks,  looks like she's enjoying this.. Ugh.

                     " Yup! I know all of that stuff.. Because I am you! Amber..." She went on and took an hourglass from her pocket. " Whoops it's time for you to go,back"

                      " Wait! I still have a lot of questions to ask!", I protested.

                     " Maybe later kid, someone will tell you all the things that you are supposed to know. So wake up, he is waiting for you", she placed a lock of hair behind her ears and smiled.

                    " But will I ever see you again?"

                    She giggled before answering, " Aww you don't want to be apart from me huh? Hahaha.. Just find a mirror, light a candle and chant your name 3 times, same ritual as 'bloody Mary's'  we can communicate that way"