Chapter Four

All the characters, places, and events are all
from the imagination of the Author.

                  Amber's POV

            " I finally found you..."

             Goosebumps covered my body as my ears catches those words. My mind was totally shut off and my body started to run on it's own. I didn't dare to look back. I bumped a few people on the way and some tried to shout at me but I was so scared to face them at that time to say sorry.

             When I reached my door I stood there first heavily panting from all that running. Hell! Fear can really make you do anything.

             I entered inside and locked the door again immediately. Whoever said that.. I hope he or she didn't follow me home. That seriously freaked me out! Ugh! Am I being paranoid right now??

             I looked around and realized that the inside of my apartment was wrapped with complete darkness. 'Oh no....', I whispered. Gulping my spit, I went on to find the light switch.

             My hands roamed fast and desperately on the wall looking for it. But instead of touching a cool, smooth and rectangular thing, my fingers felt a warm, furry, and fluffy figure. I instincly pulled my hands away. That is definitely not a switch!

              " Oh, is it too dark for you? Here let me help", the voice came out from it!!

              In a snap, the room I was in was illuminated by the LED lights above the ceiling. And then, I saw what I was touching a while ago. It was a black cat with yellow eyes sitting on my table!

                                    ??????? 's POV

              I chuckled as I saw the pathetic human's face twisted with confusion and horror. That is a pretty normal and boring response considering that she is the  soon-to-be successor of  a very powerful being!

               " Hello?",  I called out to her. " You okay?"

              Her mouth dropped the moment I said that. Oops looks like I made it worse.

              " A - a t-talking cat?", the girl stuttered and pointed her finger at me. "Yes", I gave her a short reply.

             "Ahahahahaha!", out of the blue, she laughed maniacally, that made me back off away from her. Oh boy, I didn't know she was raised from a mental hospital!

             I was going to calm her down but she just fainted, bumping her head on the floor with a big SMACK!!

            10 seconds later...you can hear loud snores all around the room.

               Oh boy... She must be exhausted.

                I leaped and landed on the floor were Amber was sleeping and I crawled next to her head. My eyes carefully observed her face. Yup, she actually resembles her father. This girl is exactly the girl version of Death, back before he was still a mortal atleast. Back when he didn't have those huge responsibilities to take care of that ruined his innocence and humanity. And now, her daughter will be next...

                I snapped out of my thoughts when the girl's snores got louder and louder. There was a small amount of drool coming out of her mouth. And... She sleeps like him too.

                Hmmm... I guess I'll have to carry her.
I backed away a little and took a deep breath. Slowly I gathered energy focusing it on my body. My eyes glowed and dark smoke covered me. I could feel my limbs growing, my tail and ears getting smaller and smaller until it's gone, and fur disappearing from my body. After the smoke vanished, I was now in my human form.

                 I bent down and gently carried Amber and took her to her bedroom. 'Hmm... Thank darkness this girl isn't heavy'

  ...............            Third Person's POV

                  The guy tucked in Amber for the night. And after leaving the room he whispered:

                   " Sleep and rest well Amber..."

....." because all the secrets I'll tell you might hurt.."