FALLING

What feels like hours later Hanna finally makes it out of that suffocating hospital

She leans against an old bench and shakily tries to calm herself down. He was the only one who loved her like that. That loved all of her flaws. Spoiled her. Treated her like a queen.

And she might have killed him because of simple jealousy when all he had ever shown her was loyalty.

She was so distracted in her own thoughts that she didn't notice someone was following her the whole time.

"Hanna." Melissa says, not gently yet not rudely.

Hanna's whole body straightens in alert. Hastily whipping her eyes and her running nose. With out saying a word she slowly turns around staring at the older Hasting.

"Don't blame yourself for this." Melissa says bluntly. No emotion on her face whatsoever. Hanna merely scoffs and looks away. Hoping the older female would go away.

"This started long before you guys were together Hanna. He wouldn't want you to blame yourself." Melissa forces out.

"Why are you talking to me?" Hanna decides being friendly isn't doing them any good and decides to be straight forward.

"Because he wouldn't want you to feel this way. Because apart of me will never stop loving him. And if this is what he would've wanted then I'd do it." She honestly responds back.

"What do you know? Why do you guys all keep talking like you know what's happening? Like you know a secret we don't." She says referring to her and her friends.

"Because we do Hanna. We know secrets that need to stay buried until we die. Theo did everything he could to protect you and Aria." Melissa says with a thoughtful expression. "If I'm going to be honest, he did everything he could to protect Spencer too. She thinks she knows what she's talking about and she thinks that Theo is the bad guy but it's the complete opposite."

After a moment of silence Hanna hesitantly asks a question she's been afraid of hearing for hours. And she knows Melissa is the only one who could answer her honestly with out being afraid of the girls feelings. "Do you think he's going to make it?"

Melissa looks towards the skyline for a second before sighing. "I don't know. I sure hope so. All of our futures depend on it."

Melissa turns on her heels and goes back into the hospital to be by her friends side.

Hanna's phone buzzes and she doesn't even bother to look at it. She walks towards her car and begins unlocking it when she hears some one calling her name.

Turning around she sees Ella Montgomery. "Hanna!"

She looked so tired and worn out that Hanna felt terrible that she might be the reason that she's run all do the from the hospital into the parking lot.

Hanna, unable to deal with all of these overwhelming emotions and guilt only makes her attempt of leaving that much quicker.

"I know what was going on between you guys." Ella yells as she slows her pace towards the car. Hanna freezes.

"I know that he loved you, loves you. He told Byron and I weeks ago. I know you're probably overwhelmed. But I just wanted to tell you that you can come see him. He would've wanted you too." She says before nodding her head. Feeling some type of peace with herself that she fulfilled what could be one of her sons last unspoken wishes.

Hanna's hand trembles on the door handle for a second before slowly turning around. "I feel like I don't have the right to see him. To cry over what happened."

"Why is that honey?" Ella questions confused.

"We got into a fight. That's where he left from. I got mad at him for something stupid and then he got into a car accident." She whispers so low that Ella almost couldnt head her. "I'm so sorry. It's all my fault!" She sobs.

Ella is quick to bring her into a warm motherly hug and assure her. "It's not your fault okay? We're going to find whoever did this and put them away." She says sternly, but obviously Hanna has unspoken doubts.

"He wouldn't blame you. Please come see him. If not for yourself or me do it for him." Ella pleads.

Hanna hesitantly nods her head and they silently begin their walk back into the hospital waiting room.

Everyone's eyes gravitate towards the blonde and the older women. But neither of them comment on it as Ella leads her into her sons hospital room.

Hanna's heart drops when she sees him. He's hooked up to multiple wires and tubes going into his body. The one taped to his mouth is the most prominent. His face and body are bloody and bruised. Though the nurses did their best to wipe off as much blood as they could.

"I'll give you a moment." Ella whispers, as if she's scared to break the moment. Giving the young girl a small shoulder squeeze in comfort she walks out of the room.

Hanna slowly walks towards the hospital bed. She could hear her heart thumping in her ears as she gently yet shakily lays her hand onto his. "I'm so sorry." She whispers.

"I shouldn't have gotten mad at you over some stupid jealousy. And now look at you, it's all my fault." She states with trembling lips.

Intertwining their fingers as gently as possible she pulls a chair up to his bed and lays her head in the empty space. "Please don't leave me. I-I promise I'll be better. I won't get angry any more. I'll give you kisses whenever you ask. Just please." She begs. "Don't leave me. Don't die."

Hanna falls asleep with her head against the mattress but she's woken up in a panic when she hears loud beeping and alarms surround her.

When she remembers where she is she snaps her head up and begins screaming. "Help! Someone help!"

Nurses and doctors all rush in and with struggle force the girl out of the room as she sobs and screams.

She can hear them as she basks in the silence. Praying for the first time in years. That if god was real she'd do anything to make sure he didn't take him. Anyone but him.

"One... Two... Three. CLEAR!" She can hear the doctor yell.

"No pulse!" A nurse yells.

"Charge again!" The doctor sternly orders. "One... two.... three... CLEAR!"

It goes on for what seems like hours until she hears the words that make her let out a loud exhausted yet relived breath.

"We got a heart beat!"