•Chapter-4• A little outing

Khushi had waited for them the whole night, her expectant eyes gazing at the door every now and then trying to grasp any distant sign of their arrival.

But they didn't, they didn't arrive that day at all. They arrived the next day around noon with their stomach full of delicious food and various forms of grins on their face.

While she stayed starving waiting for them like a fool. She is a fool, isn't she? God, She is missing her sister more than anything right now.

She missed her elder sister who would have noticed the worry lines and fatigue in her form but her so-called family didn't. They didn't even ask her whether she had eaten anything which in reality she didn't. She felt guilty for her behavior and waited for them in vain.

Concealing the tears in her eyes, she helped the househelp in packing the food she prepared for breakfast to distribute around among the needy.
At least, it won't get wasted that way thinking so She walked back to her room, despair clouding her whole form. Agony peeking through her watery doe eyes.

Passing by Sheetal's room, she heard the words that confirmed all her doubts and a new wave of agony and despair wrapped itself around her fatigue ridden body.

"All this is supposed to be mine, soon you know, I won't let you down. I won't let the chance you gave me wasted. Thanks for poisoning Anjali's mind, thanks for poisoning Aryamaan ever so lightly, every day. We will rule this place. You and I," Sheetal stopped speaking for a moment her voice full of ambitions and glee leaving her sentence hanging.

"I always thought this family to be mine, I've always done everything for your happiness. I even took the blame and now.." Sheetal whispered in a voice full of unadulterated glee.

"I love him.........I love him Dadi, I love him with every single cell of my whole being. I love Aryaman and I'll do everything to make him mine" She heard Sheetal whisper yell in determination.

Various questions raised in her mind and suddenly all the memories of the interaction between her Aryaman, Dadi, and Sheetal from the past few days started playing in her mind. She felt like someone was piercing a rod in her head. Her head was aching terribly and her heart was bleeding even more terribly.

"You okay Khushi Ji" a sweet voice called her out with eyes full of concern staring at her

"Yeah, I'm fine NK Ji" She replied in a pained tone. She was far from fine not believing the depths one can go to harm others.

And she is Aryaman's choice why are they trying to get rid of her always? Why can't they accept her? Don't they have any trust on Aryaman?

"But you don't look fine Khushi Ji," NK asked her sounding greatly concerned.

"Just tired" she answered smiling even though smiling felt like a heavy burden, twitching her lips even a little felt like trying to lift a thousand tons of bricks

"You should rest then, come I'll drop you to your room" NK stated firmly watching the denial ready to form on her lips

Watching his determined gaze the protest died down her throat as she walked silently with NK through the dimly lit hallways feeling not so alone.

Reaching her room she bid bye to him and entered the room to find her husband deep in sleep. He might be tired after the long day and whatever poison Dadi and Sheetal might have poured in his mind. She wanted to save him, rescue him from the evil clutches as he had rescued her.

But right now, she needed rescuing herself. She didn't know what was happening with her. She didn't know what's wrong with her? And how can she save someone else when she needs saving herself? How can she save someone who doesn't want to believe her on the danger?