•Chapter-15• Aim

Khushi was feeling happy. Well, happier than the last few weeks. A free emotion of excitement and glee was wrapped around her. She never imagined history lessons to be this fun. But maybe it was Saesha magic or maybe it was just her own interest in it making it all seem so interesting.

Rulers, Millennium old rulers, who thought the scientist's discoveries were right. But not in a way they thought when all the burning lava cooled down, water came to earth, then atmosphere, the first form of life came from inorganic components. Single-cell organisms were the first form of life and everything else came from them. The cycle of evolution and what scientists might have done and given to get a closer look at everything. It took millennium for the earth to become suitable for Homo sapiens also known as humans.

And the people she is living with right now belong from clans older than the earth itself. Heck, she belongs to a clan older than the earth itself. It feels odd. She is the last royal of the Samiran Clan. The last air controller with Royal blood flowing through her veins. It seems odd. She is royalty. Even though she doesn't feel like one.

But it again brings her to the history conserved in this house. Books on about everything. The joy of first life on earth to bloody wars. Everything.

The curse of remembering stayed with them.

And on a personal note, she felt the gods were harsh. The rulers didnt deserve that much punishment. Hell, her clan's crown prince was good and even Siddhant's best friend and supporter. He deserved better. Well, maybe that's why she is still a Royal. Even when she is born out of mate bond, the power flowing through her is so pure, so powerful, so raw.

Didn't Saesha tell her that from all the things that differentiate the Royals from commoners? The most powerful gift was that the royals could change into any being of their kingdoms while the commoners could into only one.

As the royal of Air clan what she can change into? Can she become the large sparkly butterfly-like thing Saesha showed her in the book? She'll love to be a butterfly or maybe one of those air dragons thing. Prithvi — the eagle, didn't look quite pleased with her thoughts.
Maybe she should ask Arjun bhaiya since he is older than her and calling him just Arjun feels wrong.  So, maybe she could ask him about this and his affinity is towards air too. So, in which animals, birds, species he can shift?

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Come in, " Khushi said eyeing the clock warily. It was already past ten in the night.

"Hey, You weren't sleeping, right?" The sheepish question of L...Riya, Khushi corrected in her mind made her beam. It has been ages since she had any conversation with just Riya. She was always busy.

"No, absolutely, not"

Khushi shrugged beckoning Riya to come and sit with her.

"So, how was your day? " Riya asked her sitting on the bed.

"Good. Saesha told me some of the basic histories of the clans. The Royals powers and the mate bond. Isn't it amazing?" Khushi asked Riya beaming with glee.

To her, the mate bond was the most awesome thing around. The first time the mates see each other. They get to know everything about each other. Everything that happened to them. Their feelings about everything. There is nothing secret between two mates. They can block the bond but the day the bond is renewed. They'll know everything and the mates kinda know when their bond is blocked or muted. No secrets whatsoever. She liked this notion. No secrets mean no misunderstandings, right.

"It's not as awesome as you think it is, " Riya let out not meeting Khushi's eyes. The whole business wasn't as wonderful as Khushi thought, Riya knew that. Well, with her mate's first thought in her mind being