•Chapter- 14• Confusion

Khushi's head was swirling with many questions. She just couldn't accept she was descendant of the gods. She just couldn't. She was a goddess or demi-goddess, whatever it is. It is totally absurd on so many levels.

How can she have so much power, so much power that she can accidentally destroy the whole world?

Yet

She was so powerless to protect herself. She didn't even know how badly she was played, mentally, emotionally, physically until it all slapped her on the face.

And she was powerless to defend herself yet they are telling her she is supposed to be a protector.

She has powers.

Isn't this irony at it's best.

The powerless is powerful.

And though no matter how hard she tried to deny the truth of the matter. The truth was crystal clear just a few minutes ago. It was all in front of her eyes, the clouds, the storm, the violent rain, everything.

"Arnav, "

"Bhabima"

The admonishing tone of Saesha and whiny tone of the current bane of her life alerted her that she had reached the dining hall in her trance.

"It wouldn't have taken me more than a few minutes to reheat all this, Nav," Saesha said exasperated.

"And I did it in seconds bhabs, you didn't even have to plate all this again, " a pouty Arnav pointed out with his mouth full of food.

"But Kanil said not to use your powers like this, Nav"

"Well, what bhai doesn't know won't kill him, " Arnav grinned, Saesha just shook her head ruffling Arnav's hair, serving him few more helpings of pasta.

The scene going in front of her reminded too strongly of Aryaman and Anjali. Anjali used to pamper Arya like this too, always serving him his favorites lovingly. Arya's eyes used to twinkle like stars.

"Are you sure about that fact dearest, Nav?"

The pointed question from Sid as he wrapped his arms around Khushi and steered her towards the chairs drew her out of her daydream.

There was no Aryaman and Anjali in her life anymore. They weren't here. They never would be again. She won't have any relation with the family of the killer, who murdered her mom in cold blood.

Even if it shatters her heart, she won't be part of that world again. She can't be part of that world again, she reminded herself. The powers, the demi-goddess status just won't let her.

"Khushi, you okay?"

The gentle squeeze on her shoulder followed by the soft concerned questions drew her mind away from the life she was used too. The life that'll be her haunting past now.

"Yea...yeah, "

Khushi said, not meeting Saesha's gaze. But Khushi had to when Saesha didn't lift her hand from her shoulder. Hesitantly, She lifted her gaze to gauge Saesha's expression, and Saesha's perfectly arched questioning eyebrows made it, perfectly clear that she didn't believe her at all.

"I...it's just too much to take in, I think I'm overwhelmed, " Khushi admitted, thankful for the momentary static from the boy's side.

"I know, they can be really overwhelming at first but you'll get used to it, " Saesha reassured her.

Khushi wanted to disagree with Saesha. She isn't as confident as Saesha on this matter. It doesn't feel like it will ever stop being completely overwhelming. How can it ever stop being overwhelming? How can she not panic knowing the extent of power she wields? How can people pray to her? It all feels so wrong, so absurd, so not right. And she is sure it won't ever stop being overwhelming. She couldn't protect herself and now she is a protector. Yeah, she is sure it won't ever be alright.