Chapter 2

My legs felt weak, almost as if someone was blood-bending me to the ground. Gravity pulling all of my strength out of my body till almost I was frozen. My first instinct was to shove Sokka to the ground as soon as those words left his disgusting, sarcastic mouth, but I remembered what happened last time I tried to assault my brother. I turned to Aang. When he looked at me, his cheeks were flushed with a dreamy, rose hue. His eyes dotted to my lips. Those perfect eyes looked as if he would pull me back into his trance at any second if he could. His glace soon came back into mine and I could see them go in and out of focus, then he turned to Sokka. With a quiet breath he let out an,

"okay." I could tell that Toph felt his pulse drop as he walked back inside. His head held low and his feet shuffling to his room, he was broken. 

Staring down Sokka was the least I could to. Just to let him know what he had just done to both me and Aang. A tear started to build up under my right eye, but I bent it to splat on the floor with a thud and then walked inside. Sokka watched me until my longest strand of hair whipped around the corner into darkness. 

"Mhm, glad to see I am the one keeping order around here, am I right!" Sokka let out with a rasp in his voice and a grin.

"I don't know, Sokka, I have never seen Aang so down before. Are you sure it was the right thing to do?" Toph asked.

"Of course! What do you think would happen? They would keep calling each other "sweetie" and... and kissing while we are on Appa. No. Absolutely not. That... that gives me the... the OOGIES!"

"Sokka, shush about your stupid oogies for once." Toph turns around and tilts her head up. "It's almost like your boomerang hit you in the head and turned you into a stupid turtle duck!" She giggled.

"WHAT!" Sokka gasped and stomped his foot on the ground. Toph blushed, knowing she got to him.

"Yeah that's right. Just because your not the only one making Katara happy all the time, doesn't mean you can treat her like you're her dad or something!" Toph screamed at him. Sokka was going to fight back but he dropped his hand that was pointing at her. His back straightened and exhaled softly. His feet led him over to the ledge and sat down with his feet dangling over the forest below. Guilt came over Toph as she followed him. 

"I'm sorry, Sokka. I didn't mean it like that."

"I know, it's just..." He let out a sigh

"Just what?" Toph placed her hand on his shoulder. "Sokka, you can tell me anything."

"I just don't want them to leave us. If they are gonna be together, she's gonna want to be with him and not hang out with me anymore." He looked over at Toph with pain in his eyes. She looked ahead with no recognition that he is even looking at her at all. 

"Sokka that's bull honky. Sorry for my language but of course they wouldn't do that. They love us. And besides, you still have me and Suki and Iroh and even Zuko here for you. Always..." Toph punched him in the arm. Sokka giggled and replied,

"Yeah." He smiled and glanced back up at the sunset. To him, it was full and whole. It warmed his heart and reminded him that his friends were like his family, and that they would never leave him. Toph grabbed his arm and leaned on him. "I love you guys." Sokka told her while still examining the sun. Her cheeks blushed like the sunset and so did her heart.

I wiped my tears onto the plush hallway carpet below me. Aang's room was just around the corner. How could he say that? I love Aang. I stopped in my tracks, realizing what I just thought. Oh my gosh. I love him. Have always loved him? My nail suddenly looked edible as I bit at it in thought. Should I tell him? No, what if he doesn't think the same way. But what if he does and hes thinking the same thing? That kiss kept distracting my train of thought. Anything I was trying to comprehend was overthrown by the memory of his lips. The crave for them tore my thoughts apart. What is going on? I surrounded my head with my hands trying to comfort myself, but it wasn't working. My eyes were trying to keep any light form from coming in, trying to not distract myself. Nothing is working.  I switched my path, my feet took my body down the hallway to my room, hopefully somewhere to think, but before I could, a door opened behind me.

"Katara?" It was Aang. I turned around and he was standing right outside of his room. Those eyes again. The eyes that pulled me into his trance before. If I was unsure before, his presence sure had control over my train of thought now. 

"Aang. I don-"

"I can't," He cut me off. "I can't think straight. I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about you." He looked at the floor, almost like he was nervous of what to say next. "I can't be away from you.." 

I looked at the floor too with butterflies in my stomach. I wanted him too much to think that Sokka could stand in our way.

"Can you come sleep with me for the night?" He gave me a relief smile and we walked together to my room.