Chapter 4: Meeting Him

"Give me the phone and your purse now," a scruffy voice from behind me demanded. I slowly put my hands up as to show surrender before dropping my phone to the floor.

The man kicked my phone away and kept the gun pointed at my head. I tried to think of the defenses Nat taught me, but my whole body was shaking. I was so in shock, and never used them on a real threat. I froze.

"Get on the ground!" he yelled at me. I knew I wasn't about to do that so I tried to kick him. It worked, but it didn't do much damage. He pushed me against a wall, banging my head badly. I felt a little light headed. He banged my head against the wall again, trying to knock me out.

"You're going to fucking pay bitch!" He wound up a third time, but was taken aback by another voice.

"Woah dude. That's no way to talk to a lady," the voice said. I turned my head to see someone in a red and blue suit, and a mask that covered their face. From the design itself, I knew who it had to be.

Spider-Man.

Oh thank fucking god.

Spider-Man shot a web at the guy to pull him away from me. I fell to the ground after his support was gone. My head still spinning, I focused on regaining consciousness. I wasn't even paying attention to Spider-Man beating this guy's ass. I regained consciousness to see that Spider-Man had this guy webbed to the wall. He ran over to me.

"Oh my god are you alright?!" he exclaimed, helping me up. His voice was higher than I expected.

"Yeah...thanks...you really just...wow you're awesome," I said slowly. I tried to stand up, but used the wall for support. He helped me up and I looked into his mask for a moment. Even with his mask on, I could tell there was much in his eyes.

"Here lets get away from here," he said, as we heard sirens approaching. He stood there staring at me.

"What?" I asked, still a little out of it.

"You gotta, here," he said positioning my arms around his neck. Oh no.

"Oh no you can't be serious," I said.

"It'll be fine just hold on," he reassured and I did so, also wrapping my legs around his torso. He swung us up and onto a rooftop, while I clung to him for dear life.

He set me down on the roof, and examined my head while giving me back my phone.

"Are you alright? He hit your head pretty hard," he told me, as if I didn't remember.

"Yes, I felt that. I'm fine now, thanks. I think the pain is mostly worn off," I reassured him, hoping that there was no actual damage to my head.

"You need to be more careful," he sighed, changing his tone to sound more serious.        
"A girl like you walking the streets alone...it can be very dangerous," he told me, as he held out his hand to help me stand up. I rolled my eyes. I've heard this talk from my dad only about a thousand times.

"Yeah yeah I know. But, I can...usually handle myself," I said, taking his hand.

"You sure handled yourself great out there," he said sarcastically, turning away.

"I know how to defend myself! I just...froze I guess."

"Sure fine. Just be more careful next time," he said and I turned towards the city view we had.

"Do you need to get home? Cause, I can get you there pretty fast," he said, kindly.

"Oh, no I'll be okay. I'll just call my dad to pick me up," I lied. I was still going to walk home, since I needed to prove that I could walk around by myself and be safe.

Of course, that means dad couldn't know about what just happened. He couldn't know that I put myself in danger and was not able to save myself. He would never let me have any freedom again! Over a stupid mistake.

"But I could use a way down," I said, peering over the edge of the roof.

"Oh! Oh yeah, uh, right," he said while I grabbed onto him, again. He swung us down to the street as the sun was getting low on the horizon.

"Thank you again, Spider-Man. It was great to meet you, despite the circumstances," I joked. He chuckled.

"Do you want me to stay until your ride comes?" he asked, seeming like he genuinely cared for me. He seemed very, protective. Like, he really did care about me. Then again that's kind of his job so.

"I think I'll be alright until my ride gets here," I said. I didn't want to tell Spider-Man that I was walking home again. And he certainly couldn't know where I lived. No one could.

"Alright then. Be careful, and stay out of trouble!" he scolded before swinging away.

I smirked a bit. What a dork.