Chapter 24: Only her

Peter's POV:

After we walked back to my apartment, Y/N told me her dad would be picking her up late, and that I should just go inside.

"Y/N I insist!" I said. If anything ever happened to her, and I wasn't there to stop it, I would never forgive myself.

"Peter I swear I'll be okay. It's cold, and you should go inside before May gets worried. I'll be fine I promise," she reassured. I was about to insist that I would stay, but she leaned in and kissed my cheek, shutting me up. I felt flustered.

"Goodnight," she told me softly. I knew there was no point in arguing with her. She could be so stubborn at times. Probably gets that from her dad. But then, I came up with a plan.

"...alright fine. But please, be careful," I said, before running inside to get my suit on.

I busted into my room and threw on my suit as fast as I could. I left a quick note for May, saying that I would be back before 12, and jumped out the window.

I swung myself towards where I had left Y/N, but to my horror, she wasn't there. Her car couldn't have arrived and driven off that quickly. I started to panic and look around, before I heard a slight noise coming from the alleyway. I followed the noise, and sure enough, there was Y/N.

She was bent over, looking for something under the dumpster. That's odd. She searched until she pulled out something small.

"Karen, can you zoom in on what Y/N is holding?" I whispered to my suits AI.

"Of course Peter," she said, enhancing my vision. I looked and saw that she was holding her web shooter. Oh hell no. I wasn't going to let her get home that way! I jumped down right behind her, quietly so she didn't hear me.

She looked up from what was in her hands, and her expression changed when she saw me.

"Oh my god! You scared me!" she exclaimed, shoving the web shooter into her pocket as if to hide it.

"Second time I've found you in an alleyway. Are you trying to get yourself in trouble?" I asked. She smirked while standing up.

"Maybe, so then I can beat anyone up who tries to give me trouble," she said.

"Oh really you can defend yourself?" I said, remembering when we first met. I heard a faint noise coming from the back of the alley and turned to try and look at the source. It felt like, someone was watching us.

"Yeah actually I'm pretty good..." she said. I sensed her about to punch me, but kept my gaze towards the noise. I grabbed her wrist before she could strike me. I turned back towards her, to see her shocked expression.

"Nice try," I whispered. She gasped lightly. Right then, there was a tension; the good kind, I think. She gazed into my eyes, though they were hidden by my mask. I broke our gaze and let go of her wrist.

"Do you need a way home?" I asked, assuming she lied about her dad coming to pick her up. There was no way I would let her web shoot her way home.

"Uh...y-yeah. Why not?" she said.

"Alright. Same place as before?" I asked, remembering when she saw me in action. I think I remember where her apartment is from here. She walked over and grabbed onto me, and my noise was filled with her heavenly perfume. Such a familiar smell, that reminded me of how much I...liked her?

"Yep!" she said, as I started to sling us towards her apartment. I felt her cling to me more, which made me hold onto her tighter.

"You do this so easily!" she exclaimed.