Chapter 5: Mission First Date

It’s been a couple of weeks since Carl’s birthday. He loved everyone’s presents especially North’s painting of thirium soda, which surprised Markus. Ever since he’s been hatching a plan for them to go on a date. Though he’ll need help.

“Hey Markus, there’s a cool restaurant in the town square for androids,” called Josh with Simon over the phone. Markus was sitting in the living room while North was upstairs sleeping at 1 pm, probably with Blue.
“Woah, North would love it, wait, isn’t restaurants where couples can go to, like as in a date?” Markus inquired through the phone.
“Mhm! We think that that’s where you can finally have your first date!” Simon squealed. Is this what the humans call fanboying?
“Uh, okay, I’ll tell her now, if she gets up,” Markus grumbled as he hang up. He walked upstairs and to the bedroom. Inside was North asleep with Blue in her arms.
“North wake up!” Markus said loudly. She didn’t move or reply, she really is a deep sleeper. He walked closer to the bed and kneeled down.
“North… it’s the Thirium Soda god uh… Fizzy Blue?” Markus whispered in her ear. North moved around a bit. “I can give you all the soda you wish if you just wake up!” Markus whispered again.
“FIZZY BLUE!” yelled North as she accidentally punched him in the face.
“OW NORTH!” Markus screamed as he stumbled back and held his wounded nose.
“OH MY RA9! I’m so sorry Markus!” North apologised as she jumped out of bed and held his wrists that was covering his face. “Let me see,” She said softly. Markus reluctantly let her pull his arms down so she could see his face. It was showing a patch of his white skin, North kissed it softly.
“There better?” North asked while smiling at him. Markus smiled at her then replied.
“A little…,” He mumbled while blushing blue.
“W-why did you wake me anyway, I was dreaming of a thirium soda god!” North whined. Markus rolled his eyes and laughed.
“Well I was thinking, we uh, should go on a date, at this restaurant for androids downtown,” Markus stammered. Even though they have been together for almost year, Markus gets nervous when he’s talking about their relationship, not for North she’s as cool as a cucumber on a hot summer’s day in Detroit.
“Of course, you took your time haven’t you?” North teased as she held his hands. Markus blushed a darker shade of blue and smiled nervously at her. “I’m just going to get changed then we can go.”

*Timeskip*

“So are they in there?” asked Carl through the phone. Simon and Josh were outside of the restaurant spying, well stalking Markus and North, at Carl’s request.
“Yep, they’re looking through the menu,” Josh replied as he pushed his face up the window.
“OOH, details?” Carl squealed. 
“No but- OOOH THEY’RE HOLDING HANDS EEEK!” shrieked Simon through the phone.
“Simon shut up!” Josh ordered. Simon pouted and kept on looking at them.
“Seriously!? It should be more romantic than that! Josh, Simon, go in there disguised as waiters and spice things up a little!” Carl demanded.
“You are one weird old dude,” Josh commented as he turned to Simon.
“ALL I WANT IS GRANDBABIES- I mean, is for them two to be happy,” Carl stated. Both of the androids shrugged and walked inside trying not to be seen by Markus and North.
“Josh, go in there and pretend to be the chef, I will be the waiter of love,” Simon said as he locked his hands together admiring at the two.
“Why are you the waiter of love!?” whined Josh.
“Do you want to help our ship or not!?” Simon replied as he pointed at Markus and North. Josh shrugged and frowned then walked into the kitchen. Simon got a bowtie from a waiter who was too busy making out with a girl, then he changed his hair colour to pink like some sort of android cupid. Simon strolled over to them with a makeshift pen and paper.
“Hello, I’m Simo- Simchi! I am Simchi your waiter, what can I get the lovely couple today?” Simon said in a foreign accent.
“Hi, can we have two thirium sodas for now,” Markus replied as North smiled at the thought of thirium soda. Simon nodded then walked into the kitchen.
“Josh!” He called out. Josh came out of the corner wearing a pink apron and chef hat, he was now cupid Simon’s sidekick. “Give me the phone!” He ordered. Josh took the phone out of his pink apron pocket and handed it to Simon.
“Carl, they ordered for two thirium sodas, how do I “spice things up”?” Simon inquired. 
“Change that to one thirium soda with two straws!” Carl replied through the phone. Simon hung up then wrote on the paper one thirium soda with two straws, then handed it to Josh.
“Why one with two straws?” Josh asked as he read it.
“JUST DO IT!” Simon shrieked at Josh.

*Meanwhile with Markus and North*

“That waiter sort of looked like Simon with pink hair,” North laughed, they were still holding hands. Yeah that’s weird, maybe it’s just another PL600 model they’re quite popular.
“Yeah, but it’s just another PL600,” Markus replied while reading the menu.
“What are you going to get?” She asked. Markus looked up from the menu at her.
“Maybe thirium spaghetti,” Markus said.
“Hey, I’m actually going to get that too!” she giggled. Markus blushed blue when she giggled. Why is she scary but so gosh darn cute?
“I got your soda!” Simchi announced as he placed it down. Wait there’s only one and it has two straws in it. Though, before Markus or North could say anything Simchi disappeared. That’s one weird waiter, maybe it’s because he’s foreign.
“There’s only one soda,” North frowned as she looked at it. North don’t cry I hate it when you cry.
“Y-you can have it,” Markus offered as he took one straw out and gave it to North, like the gentleman he is.
“You don’t have to-
“Please take it, you’re the one who’s obsessed with it anyway,” Markus interrupted. North smiled at him and took her free hand, that was not holding Markus’, and held the thirium soda.
“Thanks Markus.”

*Meanwhile with Cupid Simchi and Sidekick Joshua*

“UGH NO, Markus took the straw out and gave it to North, do they know anything about romance!?” Simon complained as he peeped through the door with Josh.
“Simon- I mean Simchi, go out there and get their food order!” replied Josh, or now Joshua.
“You’re right Josh- I mean Joshua!” Simon- I mean Simchi said as he took the pen and paper and walked back to their table.

*Meanwhile with Markus and North*

“Would you like to order your food now?” Simchi asked them. Markus looked up to Simchi then told him their order.
“Yes, we would like two thirium spaghetti please.”
“Two this time,” North emphasized on the two while giggling. Simchi smiled widely then swiftly walked away. She’s acting cute again, Markus keep your cool dude, KEEP YOUR COOL! Markus couldn’t help but blushing blue again. “You’re blushing again?” North pointed out while smirking.
“Y-you noticed!” Markus replied flustered.
“How could I not, you have been blue as a blueberry this entire time, do I make you nervous?” North asked in a flirty tone. AAAH RA9 SAVE ME FROM HER!

*Meanwhile with Cupid Simchi and Sidekick Joshua*

“Carl they asked for two thirium spaghetti, what do we do now?” Simchi asked through Josh- I mean Joshua’s phone.
“OOOH PERFECT! They can Lady and the Tramp style this, just make one large thirium spaghetti!” Carl squealed through the phone. Simchi hung up and turned to Joshua.
“Josh- Joshua, make one large thirium spaghetti quick!” Simchi ordered. Joshua nodded, he was cooking for like five minutes and came out with a complete dish.
“That was fast!” Simchi stated as he grabbed the plate.
“I do anything for Norkus…” Joshua whispered creepily as he stepped back into the kitchen. Simchi shrugged then walked back to Markus and North with the plate of thirium spaghetti. As Simchi was walking towards them the waiter that was making out with a girl and he stole the bowtie from, stopped him.
“HEY YOU DON’T WORK HERE, AND THAT’S MY TIE!” He yelled at Simchi. Simchi stopped close to Markus and North and replied.
“No I didn’t, are you on red ice?” Simchi asked as he was trying to get out of the waiter’s way.
“JUST GIVE ME MY TIE BACK!” He screamed as he tried to pull the tie of Simchi. Once the tie was off, (now he can be called Simon), the plate of thirium spaghetti flew out of his hands and landed on Markus and North. Oops.

*Timeskip*
“I CAN’T BELIEVE SIMON AND JOSH DID THAT!” yelled North from upstairs. She was getting changed from out of her thirium spaghetti clothes and into her thirium soda pyjamas. Markus was downstairs sitting on that damn uncomfortable couch wearing a black shirt and black sweatpants. After a few minutes North stomped down the stairs and sat next to Markus on the couch.
“I-I’m sorry North, I’ll make it up to you,” Markus promised as he held her hands. North smiled then looked at the TV.
“We can do what we always do,” She started as she turned the TV on and wrapped herself and Markus in the thirium soda blanket. “Watch TV,” she finished as she snuggled up to Markus and watched some cartoons.