Chapter 15: Promotion Party

Markus has been working tirelessly. His boss has hinted to him that he might get a raise, so he’s hoping that it will be today. There he was walking into Nico’s Company like a boss, shades on and suitcase in his hand…, nevermind, he was actually walking timidly into the building and being a nervous wreck. He didn’t even bother talking to Anna, he was too nervous to speak, and if he did, he probably would’ve blurted about how he got his hand stuck in the thirium peanut butter jar. It took two hours for North to help him get it out, this is why Markus should never be alone with jars. Anyway, Markus walked to Nico’s office, his boss. Nico had asked him to come to his office before he starts work, this could either mean I’m fired, or getting a promotion. He opened the door slowly, to reveal Nico sitting in his chair, the back of it facing Markus so you couldn’t see him. Markus sat down on the chair and waited for Nico to speak. Nico swiveled his chair around to face Markus, in his lap was a white and brown cat which he was petting, he put his legs up on the desk and crossed them. 
“G-good morning si-
“DID I ASK YOU TO SPEAK TO ME!?” yelled Nico. That made the cat desperately try to get out of his grasp. Great, I already blew it. Markus shook his head no and gulped. “Ahem, speak,” Nico ordered as he cleared his throat.
“G-good morning s-sir you w-wanted to speak to me,” Markus said as he clenched his feet to the floor to stop them from running out the door and going home.
“Yes.”
“A-and?”
“And? Oh and you got a promotion,” Nico stated bluntly. YES FINALLY I CAN GET THAT RING!
“Wow, t-thank you sir!” Markus cheered. Nico grunted  and pulled out a check from his draw, he wrote a thousand dollars…, WAIT A THOUSAND DOLLARS? That’s way more than enough to buy an engagement ring.
“Here ya go,” Nico handed him the check. Markus smiled widely and put the check in his bag. Now I gotta get to that engagement ring store! “But, uh before you go, Anna organised a promotion party, or whatever that is.”
For RA9’s sake ANNA!? Markus’ smile turned to a slight frown, he nodded to Nico as he headed out. Where the hell is she? 
“ANNA!?” Markus yelled as he walked passed the cubicles. He walked to his desk and saw a note.
To ~Markus~
Your party is in the break room!
Love From
Anna!
Markus gagged at the note. I’m just gonna get out of here-
“MARKUS DUDE OVER HERE!” Evan called out from the break room. Not this wife stealing- I mean almost-wife stealing brat. Markus dragged himself to the break room and opened the door. Anna was decorating a cake, Evan was getting drunk on thirium beer, Blake, another co-worker, was a DJ? There were only four people in this room, including Markus. This is sad.
“EEE, Markus!” Anna squealed as she hugged him tightly. After a few seconds Markus ripped away from the hug. Does she not get the hint?
“‘Ey! Markus drink this!” Evan slurred on his words as he handed him a thirium beer. Ugh, I hate to drink, North hates it as well, because of… yeah, none of us like to think about it. Markus faked smiled at him, after Evan stumbled away, he tried to find somewhere to put the drink, then he spotted… Anna’s purse. Markus never liked to prank people or do anything that might hurt their feelings but…, THIS IS TO JUSTIFY NORTH! Markus walked closer to her purse that was laying on a chair, while Anna’s back was turned, Markus poured the thirium beer in her purse, hehehe take that Anna!  After Markus poured the drink in he moved away from it and sat on another chair. Then he realised the music was terrible, like it was harming his hearing. I don’t think Blake is a professional DJ. The sounds of hell was surrounding the room, how could Evan and Anna stand it? He just wanted to get out of there, but knowing Anna she probably pulled him back in.
“Cake’s ready!” Anna announced as she picked the cake up. Evan ran towards it as Blake FINALLY STOPPED HELL and walked to Anna. On the cake was written Happy Promotion. Do they even make promotion cakes, or is Anna just insane? Markus smiled falsely and got up from his chair. As Anna gave him a slice of cake their hands grazed, she smiled and winked at him. Eh, North’s wink is way better. Markus glared at her and snatched the cake away from her. Anna frowned, like she just got slapped in the face, which is what MARKUS SHOULD HAVE DONE, but he’s a pacifist, right? Markus sat down on the chair and took a small bite of the cake, it tasted revolting. Imagine, slugs, walker flesh (TWD/TWDG fans will get it), bee’s eyes, plastic, vomit, rotten eggs, dirty socks, grass, mouldy bread, cantaloupe (again TWDG Louis fans will get it) and burnt chicken in one cake. That’s how disgusting it was. Markus spat the cake out, thank RA9 everyone is too drunk to realise, wait, now that they’re drunk I can just leave. Anna was on the floor passed out, Evan was dancing on the table and Blake was slamming his head on his music equipment. Markus crept out from the break room and ran out the building! Time to get that ring!

*Timeskip*

“Hi I would like to buy this one please,” Markus said as he pointed at a ring. The ring was gold with a deep blue gem on top of it, Markus thought that the colour looked like thirium sodal, so of course he had to get it. The man nodded and picked the ring up as Markus placed his mechanical white hand on the payment bar. After that, Markus carefully took the ring that was in the plastic bag and put it in his suitcase. He got in his car and drove home. About fifteen minutes later Markus parked the car up the driveway. Actually there were alot more cars than usual on the road. Markus shrugged and grabbed his suitcase, then opened the front door, the living room was dark.
“North are you home?”
“SURPRISE!”
Markus jumped as the lights turned on. Alice was wearing a fairy princess outfit because she forced Kara to let her, Kara was behind the couch with Luther holding a balloon, Connor was in the hallway between the living room and the stairs waving slightly with Chloe doing the same, Simon and Josh were holding a sign that spelled NORKUS, whatever that means. On the coffee table was thirium vanilla cake, their new favourite. North immediately hugged Markus.
“Nico told me about your promotion!” North said as she kissed him on the cheek. This girl is amazing.
“COME ON LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!” yelled Alice, Kara quickly grabbed her and smiled awkwardly to Markus. Hm, I wonder if we’ll ever have kids. North let go of him and grabbed his hand.
“North, I love you.”
“I love you too!”

Now, how am I supposed to propose to her?