Chapter I

Hi, guys, this is my second Spideyson and Irondad fanfic (the last one was written on A03- please check out my profile there which has the same username as my Wattpad account!) I hope you guys enjoy this one and I welcome any feedback and ideas. Please share with friends and vote on this story if you are enjoying it! The name/cover may be changed later on but I am going to stick to this for now.

All character credit goes to Stan Lee and the Russo brothers (:

-------------------------------------------------------

The tired teen looked out on the layered New York skyline and a sense of calmness washed over him as he steadied his breathing. He ripped off his classic red mask that was designed by his mentor, Mr. Stark. A mound of light brown curls fell out and dropped down on his pale face finishing his tired look that framed on his face. He had been busy swinging through the mass of buildings that were clustered together in Queens as the Friendly Neighbour Spider Man. It was said that New York City was a 'city that never sleeps' and Spider Man could not agree more with that rumor. Just like every other night, since the age of 15, he had just finished a night of crime-fighting out in Queens and was satisfied with his night's work.

Tonight, he had gone out and helped a woman and a man from a mugger, helped a lost girl find her mom (the mom gave him a bit of leftover lasagna as a thank you!), saved some man from assault and stopped a bank robbery which added some excitement to his rather dull patrol. Spider Man was known as the superhero who helped out on the more petty crimes that happened on the streets during the dark nights. He was nowhere near as large as the great Captain America or as famous as the impressive Iron Man that everyone knew all around the world. Yes maybe that was a dream but for now, he was happy being the 'friendly neighborhood Spider Man'.

The night was getting darker and darker and he was slowly approaching the curfew that Tony had set for Peter... '11 pm on school nights, Pete, 1 am on weekends'. A little extreme in Peter's eyes yet wouldn't dare argue with the big man himself who provided his suit. Peter was worried that Mr. Stark would hack his suit if he didn't make it back to Aunt May's before 11 and he didn't want to test out his theory.

Aunt May still had no idea about Peter's alter ego and it was important to him that Aunt May never found out about this secret that he had been keeping since the life-changing school trip. He wasn't exactly sure what would happen if she ever found out, but he did not want to know the answer to his anxious question. She was rather unstable after the dreadful occurrence of his Uncles death, it affected both of them but May handled it by drinking a lot more than usual and usually stayed home with a cheap bottle of wine and some TV show playing loudly in the background. On some nights her attitude would change and she would dare to talk to her niece for more than five minutes but most days Peter was just as she described 'a useless rat'. Peter didn't mind though, the more she ignored him the less chance there was of her figuring out his secret. 

He opened up the window at the side of the wall and stumbled inside being careful not to alert his sleeping Aunt with the sound of his quick-paced footsteps. He quickly stripped and jumped into his bed with sleep already weighing him down. He stretched out his body and wrapped the Star Wars-themed covers over himself. Black spots soon started to cloud his vision and soon a deep sleep consumed his body.

NEXT MORNING

The sleeping teen woke up to the sound of his Aunt pacing by the side of his small single bed with an angry look stretched across her face but her body was bent over in an almost sad way?  Peter quickly noticed the presence of his angry Aunt and swiftly bought the Death Star duvet up to his chin for decency. 'This must be one of these days she can bear my difficult self', the teen thought to himself as his eyes tried to get use to the blaring light. His eyes flickered across to hers in the hope to give him more of an idea on why his Aunt was in his bedroom looking as angry as she did when the police told her the news of her husband. The boy kept looking for clues around her while Aunt May turned around to face Peter and bough out her hand which was clutching something...

'No, no, no', Peter thought to himself as he realized what she was holding.

His Spider Man mask. His mask. His mask. His mask.

Peter started to open his mouth to explain himself before this situation went to a whole another tier of bad but May stopped him by cutting Peter off with a growl.

"You... you..." the woman screamed looking bewildered at the trembling boy.

"You, you're him. The spider guy? Peter... you sneak out at night don't you, going around and terrorizing Queens while I stay innocent in the house that you were meant to protect me in after you killed Ben. I've seen you on the news. You're fucking him. Oh my. You're nothing but a murderer and you.. yo-" the woman spilled out with a rage that Peter feared.

The younger of the two shrank back in retaliation from the older one's words trying to piece his thoughts together and trying to find a way out of this hell of a situation.

"W-w-what are you talking abut. That's my ummm- Halloween costume,. Yeah that's it. Y'know the one that Ned said I should wear for the um-".

"Cut the bullshit. I know what you are you-", May retaliated.

"No... no. May I can explain, it is good. I help, protect and I tried to protect you and keep you safe. I know I messed up on Uncle Ben b-b-but that's why I still do it. So I can improve. For you. And for others. To keep them safe. I'm sorry i-i-it was an accident I didn't mean for him to die. I am so so sorry. Please don't take this away from me" the words trembled out of Peter's mouth in an exhilarating rush as tears dripped down his face.

'Breath, breath, breath. In and out', Peter repeated in his mind trying to subside a growing panic attack that he was all too familiar with.

Despite seeing the crying and trembling teen, May still carried on with the rant that was echoing throughout the small house that they owned at the end of one of the many streets in Queens.

"I can not believe you have been betraying me and just sneaking out away from everything. You are putting yourself in danger in such a selfish way. When you then die and when you mess up and get imprisoned away then I am by myself. Me... alone. I can't be alone. You need to pay for bills and help me with the shopping. You can't leave me you selfish p-p-prick. You would do that won't you because you don't care about me or Ben? You were a burden to your parents and now me... I- I- Get out... Now. I can't even... Go!" May shouted the last line with so much anger that Peter jumped out of the room where a bag was thrown out in the hallways.

"Aunt May... Please? I am sorry", Peter begged with a desperate look etched across his face.

In response, May just glared back at the boy and looked to find the closest thing near her which happened to be a glass filled with water from yesterday. She swiftly grabbed it up and threw it with great force. Peter knew it was coming... he could sense it from his spider-sense but just stand there against the wall with the packed bag clung against his chest and his breath held in.

The glass smashed to the side of his face on the dusty blue walls just missing him by a centimetre. The glass shards shattered wildly around and echoed out a painful sound. Peter felt a dull ache in certain parts of his shoulders and the bottom of his face where the glass was poking out and fresh blood dribbled down each cut.

That wasn't what hurt the most for Peter. He'd handled much worst than this before. The thing that really hurt was the way May was calling him a murderer and finally confessing her true feelings towards him... That's what hurts. 'She is right' he thought to himself.

'She was right, always has been. God, I'm so stupid.'

Peter slowly edged away to the door and May pointed an accusing finger towards the door.

"Go!" Shouted Aunt May one more time before pushing the innocent teen outside and slamming the door in his face...

"I'm sorry", cried the boy one last time as he banged on the outside of the door for a whole ten minutes. The cries slowly subsided and he took off running off down the streets with a backpack slung over his shoulder and tear-stained cheeks.

-
-
-

Wow, I really hate May right now in this... I'm sorry she is like this ):

Please give feedback and ideas! Thanks (;