Chapter XVII

Ahhhh I seriously can not thank you guys enough for 4k reads! I literally thought that this book would get 100 reads max but I've been totally proven wrong <3

Avenger's Tower:

"Good morning"

Tony's eye's bulged out of his head as he glared at the man behind the screen. His back was hunched over leaning as far as he could of the couch trying to take in every moment of the video. His eyes analyzed every object in the room trapped behind the screen. The middle-aged superhero begged and begged in his head that the old man dressed as a psychotic doctor would move out of the way so he could see the rest of the room. His fingers squirmed around under the clasp of his palm digging into the skin.

"I assume that you have all been questioning yourselves of the disappearance of one Peter Benjamin Parker, son of Mary and Ben Parker- both deceased. Taken in by May Parker..'

As soon as that disgusting word was muttered Tony's eyebrows creased together in Anger. Whenever Aunt May was mentioned Tony's brain took him back to that cold early morning when he received the call from Peter. The memories fast forward to a shaking Peter lying next to the wall of the local library. He remembered trying to calm the sobbing boy down while hearing of the horrors of his Aunt.

"I see that after May Parker found out about the boy's alter-ego, spiderman..."

Tony didn't pay much attention yo the next few lines, his mind still caught up in his recent words. The superhero grimaced as he saw the man in the screen's pleased face going through Peter's unfortunate timeline. Listening to all the unfortunate events in Peter's life being listed flooded Stark's sense with guilt. I should have been there more for Peter. Why didn't I help him more with his past?... Tony thought to himself as the video continued to play.

"Now he is currently living in the Avengers Tower from the kindness of the billionaire Tony Stark. Otherwise known as Iron Man"

Natasha and Clint stole a glance at each throughout watching the intense video. Both had the same worried look and both thinking the same thing... clues. Their eyes searched the screen for clues on location. Clint analyzed every object he could see in the screen taking in its positioning, size, and any specific details that made it stand out. Natasha, on the other hand, was thoroughly scrutinizing the Docter's face. Like Tony, she too was leaning forward trying to get as close to the screen.

"So, Mr. Stark, I have a proposition."

All eyes turned to the hunched man as soon as his name was declared. All of their minds raced to conclusions of this said proposition. Everyone moved in closer awaiting the next lines that played through their TV. Tony paused his overthinking brain for a second so he could hear the next few lines without the enthusiastic distraction of his working mind. The Avengers all stopped breathing and no one moved, the silence was deafening.

"While we have him here we might as well get something more out of this than some ideas for further experiments and a messed up creature, that you call a child".

The elderly man snorted after this line making Tony roll his eyes in annoyance. Get to the point he thought to himself his impatience overtaking his thoughts. Every word that came out of that man's head fed rage into Tony's soul. The way he spoke of Peter like he was just some lab rat that just followed them around like a dog in a collar. Peter was too good for this world and everyone knew it. His alter ego was just one part of the amazing boy that he was. Tony was inspired by Peter every day from the way he was so positive despite being a rather traumatized teen superhero. He missed having his son around.