Chapter XVIII

Yay, it's finally here! I literally wrote this chapter at 3 am and in Chem class but I hope it's still decent. Thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments... It means so much! <3

Avengers' Tower:

It was only till they finally managed to calm Tony down was when an uncomfortable silence settles around the room. The team were spread out in the room, they each perched on chairs or stood resting against the wall. Some sat together trying to give reassurance to each other. While others stayed separate trying to ignore the others in the room, their brain being their unsettling reassurance.

They all shared looks of discomfort and distress as they thought back to the events that they had just witnessed. Some felt the need to bring revenge while others feared what was ahead for the team and Peter. However, no matter the person, anger circulated through their veins, and not even a ghost of a smile could be seen on their faces. They hadn't realized how much they had lost until they saw that dreaded video and saw how much their friend, their son, and their companion were in such pain.

Why do such terrible things happen to the most special and pure people?

Memories of Peter flash through each of their minds, like an endless photo reel, each of them showing memorable moments hat featured the loved Peter. They missed the boy.

It was until they sudden knock of the door echoing from the side of the room brought them all out of their disturbing and painful thoughts dancing around inside their head. I spite of their concentration, their heads turned to the door and an as a tattarrattat echoed yet again. The knocking became more and more desperate every second the avengers ignored the irritating sound. It was soon just a string of pounding beats drumming from the side of the wall.

Suddenly, Nat stood up from the modern couch that she was perched on and had a determined look across her face. The look was very different from the one she heald just a few seconds ago. The anger in her eyes was still present yet her miserable smile had gone and instead was replaced with an obviously false smile. The corners were way to turned up to be real and her cheekbones looked like they were about to pop out of her skin. Her eyes gave her away. The Avengers's heads looked up in confusion from seeing one of their dear friends and teammate seem so happy after what they just watched and gawped at.

She walked over across the door where she flung it open with a swift movement. The door gave her anger away as it swung open banging against the pristine wall. The sounds made everyone in the room wince ad cringe. The door slowly backed away from the wall leaving an ugly brown mark grazed across the white glaze.

Normally, Tony would throw a shouting rage at whoever had messed up his prized apartment and make sure that everyone was reminded of the incident every day for the next two weeks. This time he didn't even cast his eyes away to the door or make any inhuman sound to show his annoyance. Instead, his eyes trailed over a patch of carpet seeming interested with its very unoriginal pattern. The only sign that he heard the noise was a small jump in his shoulders and squint in his eyes as the loud bang uncomfortably rattled through the room.

Behind the door revealed two teenagers.

One was wearing a bright t-shirt that featured a rather ginormous image of a drone placed in the middle of his chest. The odd t-shirt was half-covered up by an old, and very worn, red and white hatched over-shirt. The bottom half of his body was covered up by dusty and loose jeans that had multiple creases indented into it. Grubby converse shoes finished off the rather messy outfit along with a backpack slung around his shoulder. The plain black backpack was jazzed up with numerous iron-on felt patches. Most were to do with the Avengers and multiple featured the familiar red and blue-suited superhero, Spider Man. His floppy, dark hair matted his head sticking on to his sweaty forehead. The teenager had a smile plastered onto his face not fitting the atmosphere of the room.