Chapter IX

Thanks for all the votes, comments and reads... Love you all 3000 <3

Peter stumbled and jumped across the sidewalk near his school being careful to avoid the cracks that separated each slab of concrete. Of course, it was only an old wives' tale that had inspired this ludicrous action but the teen remembered when his mom would joke around with him as they walked down the street...

"Pete you can't step on the cracks otherwise-", Peter's mother started saying with laughter before she got cut off by the familiar rhyme.

"Step on a crack and you'll break your mothers back!" the young boy in Peter's memory giggled before carrying on jumping on each slab. Little Peter's mom followed young Peter down the street with her hand slipped into his little one and joined in with his hopping around.

The resurfacing of this special memory made Peter smile and think back about how his life was then. As a young boy, he did live with his parents but he only had very few memory of them that he could remember before their plane crashed and both parents died in an unnatural and ghastly way. Having so few memories of his real parents irritated the teen but it also made the ones that he did gave so much more special and pure to the boy. Now and then one would pop into his mind and play like a film inside his head, each smile, laughter and voice he capitulates and analyses for answers about his life before the crash. Each time he saw one of his parents his heart would leap and beat just a tiny bit faster.

Peter missed his parents even though he had very little idea about who they were and what they did, their stories, their lives in general. But, Peter couldn't say that if he could bring someone back it would be them, he had so many other people he had lost during the beginning of his life. There was Uncle Ben as well. The man he didn't save. The man he loved and misses every single day. Thoughts like these filled Peter's heart with guilt and anger but how could you love someone you barely know? He could barely remember anything about his Mom and Dad but only a couple of memories and their faces from their pictures.

Peter carried on walking towards the school gates humming a repetitive tune and readying himself for going back. Surprisingly the boy was not as apprehensive as guessed, he had done most of the catch-up work, and the excitement of seeing his two best friends overpower any sense of fear or anxiety. He made it to the front door of the school and unplugged his earphones from his phone instantly cutting of the soft hum of the music that was once playing into his ears.

Mr. Stark had insisted on coming to drip of the kid at school for his first day but Peter instantly hushed him. Peter was not the one for a dramatic entrance and dramatic entrances were kind of a package deal when you are the famous Tony Stark. He had assured the man that he could just go on the subway then walk the rest. However, Tony managed to finally get his way in one way or another as he organized a time where he can drive up to Peter's school to pick the kid up. Peter just hoped that the man would stay in the car and he could just sneak into the car before people noticed that the boy was getting picked up by the famous billionaire and superhero.

As soon as Peter entered the hallways a rush of noise swarmed the teen and a particularly loud shout rang in his ears.

"Peter!" Ned shouted from the opposite side of the hallway and Peter immediately ran up to his best friend who was now jumping up and down on the spot like a little girl who had just been promised a chocolate ice-cream.

"Ned!" Peter shouted back and laughed while they both bro hugged.

"Holy hell mate, were your texts, not a prank? Because that means that you are living with the Tony stark, theeeeee Tony Stark. That's so cool and OMG did you actually meet the Avengers? Is Black Widow as amazing as she acts and is Stucky an actual thing because I swear to god if it is I will scream right now, right here? Wait? Have you seen the Hulk, this is so cool. I am best friends with a kid who lives with the Avengers. I mean I know this may be a stretch... BUT CAN I COME AND HANGOVER SOMETIME?! Please!" Ned rambled like this for another two minutes before Peter cut him of.

"Well, I wasn't joking when I said that Mr. Stark lets me live in the Avengers tower", replied Peter with a smug smile while Ned just fanboyed beside him.

"How the hell did you even get to live there?" Ned asked, still curious.

"Ummmm... My Aunt, she found out a-and she kicked me out", Peter whispered to his best friend.

"Oh dude, I'm sorry", responded Ned whose facial expression had changed instantly to fit the rather nervous and sad mood.

"Hey, losers".

The sound of this familiar voice broke the silence and Peter blushed a deep red as he looked up and waved at MJ awkwardly. She smiled back and went back to taking out a hundred books from her locker and shoving them into her bag.

Her eyebrows were a shade darker than her hair. They were thick and almost horizontal, emphasizing the depth of her eyes. She was beautiful, pretty, amazing. Her face was captivating because of a certain frankness of expression and a contradictory subtle play of features. Her manner was engaging and she was smart, so smart.

You know that tingly feeling you get on the back of your neck sometimes? Peter got that feeling when he stared at her. It was like a six sense (and not the one that he uses to find dangerous crimes and murders) but a sense that drew him to her like a magnet.

The school bell rang out loud snapping Peter out of his trance and the trio headed off to their first period of the day, maths.

----------------------------------------

Peter's eyes were fixed to the clock on the side of the wall while his history teacher drawled on in his usual monotone voice. History was their last lesson of the day and Peter was beyond tired, his body reeked of exhaustion. The fact that this class was the most boring did not help. Every minute seemed to be five hundred seconds not sixty and the ticking sound acted like a slow drum of a dying heartbeat.

"Hey, Penis!" whispered someone from behind him and Peter felt a sharp ache in his leg as someone's leg jammed down on his ankle. The pain subsided and Peter turned his head so his eyes faced none other than the Flash Thompson.

"What'd you want Flash?" whispered Peter as he groaned when he realized that this conversation was guaranteed to not be a peaceful one.

"Now that you're back I'm going to try extra hard again to get rid of you aren't I?" tormented Flash with a sickening grin, "I mean it would be extra bad if I accidentally heard something and spilled your secret to everyone, or I could just mess you up a bit outside?"

"Go away", replied Peter Parker a little too loud as he turned around to face the teacher once again as a million thoughts played through the teen's head.

"What was that Mr. Parker?", asked the teacher as he stopped his lecture to quiz Peter on his sudden shout.

"Nothing Sir", Peter replied not focusing on what the teacher was saying but more on what Flash had just said. The teacher nodded his head in satisfaction and carried on lecturing the students until the familiar noise of the school bell suddenly commenced and the lessons ended in a rush.

Peter and others rushed out heading towards the busy car park so they could go to the Tower as soon as possible and partly just trying to get away from Flash. His eyes searched through the rows of cars until they stopped on one that looked rather expensive and a lot cleaner than the other parked up. He ran towards it knowing that this was Mr. Stark's car.

-

-

-

Oooooooo yay we had a bit of Flash action! (:

Hope you guys liked this chapter, any feedback is welcomed or ideas for future chapters