Chapter XIII

Hope you guys like this chapter!

(The Avengers Tower)

Tony sat there faced across his laptop with a baffled yet slightly irritated look on his face, a jumble of words, numbers and figures were stretched across the screen in a confusing muddle. He pinched the bridge of his nose trying to block out a migraine that was slowly developing in the back of his mind, growing louder and bigger every second. He squeezed his eyes shut and folded down the top of the laptop with a grand bang. His continuous working state was slowly starting to way him down every day along with his lack of sleep was defeating his only bundle of energy.

He headed off to the kitchen in hope to grab some coffee, he hadn't touched alcohol for some time now, before getting back to the mass of work and lab time that overpowered his schedule. Searching through the cupboards he finally found a granola board and headed back to work with a disgruntled face and drooping eyes.

It was then he heard the alerting message...

"Sir, Peter Parker seems to be showing signs of distress, anxiety and has several injuries- including a gunshot wound in his left shoulder", Friday announced in a monotone voice.

Tony's face twisted immediately and his mouth turned down, eyes wide open, and eyebrows squeezed together in confusion, worry and shock. He instantly went into action, trying to find out what had happened and where Peter was now.

"Friday, where's the kid?" Tony asked, the words tumbling out of his mouth.

"It has appeared that Karen has been disconnected from his suit as well as the tracking device. Would you like me to contact Peter's phone?"

"Yeah, yeah, do it", Tony replied urgently even though he knew that if his tracking device was out then it is not likely that he would be able to track his phone.

Friday called, three times to be accurate, but each time the phone repeated the same thing: "This number is no longer available". The Ip address was not accessible and there was no chance he could track the phone call if his number did not exist anymore.

Tony held his breath and counted to ten, trying to hold back worried tears, trying to be ordered and find some way to work out what had happened to his kid. The worst thoughts came int to his mind, kidnapping or murder on the list of worries but he tried to block them out not wanting to think about the horrors of that possibility.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Petey?" The voice echoed again.

Aunt May. Peter knew it was her from her silvery voice, the way the syllables all slurred together fluently. Like a song. He use to love this voice, he still does. He missed the woman who made homemade meals after school that filled up the small house with pleasant smells, comforted him when things went wrong, was there when his parents died. But now, it was not just loving emotions he felt but fear, fear for the woman who shouted at him, who threw the book at him, who made him feel like a punishment.

Peter found himself terrified at looking at his Aunt who would soon be standing in front of him, not wanting to look at her in the eye or talk. While his eyes stayed down, his mind was working trying to figure out why May was anywhere need a hydra base and what was to happen here. He had no idea why or how he had ended up in a place filled with Hydra workers.

"Petey? One last time the voice repeated.

He could sense the woman in front of him in the compacted room, she was at the end of the bed and looking at his bent head. Peter did not want to lift his head, he didn't want to talk, to even look into her eyes. He kept his head down and tried to focus on the situation at hand. His breaths quickened each time he felt the urge to look up in her eye. He counted. One. He could hear her coming closer. Two. Puffs of breath could be seen coming from his mouth. Three. She stopped beside him. Fou-