Chapter 4

** Pic of the mall**

     ×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Brie's POV

“ So, tell me honey, what’s your favorite food?”, Mrs. Hayes asks me as we enter the mall. She tries her best to make small talk so as to get to know me better. Not to leave her hanging, I actually begin to think what my favorite food is. I mean I like fries and all…… but my actual top priority is none other then CHICKEN itself. I would literally spend my very last cent on buying a single piece of chicken. Just the mere thought of it makes my mouth water.

“Chicken. I love chicken.”, I reply. Mrs. Hayes seems pretty pleased with my choice of food because a wide grin spreads on her maroon lipsticked lips. I’m pretty sure lipsticked is not even a word, but, oh well….

I walk side by side with Mrs. Hayes as we go towards the escalator, to head to the second floor which, from where I’m looking, seems to be the clothing floor. We step onto the escalator- Mrs. Hayes being one step above me. She turns back and sends a warm smile my side.
We reach the second floor and I follow Mrs. Hayes inside a store, whose name I forgot to catch on my way in. We walk around the thousands of clothes lined up around the store- me not really looking forward to buy anything while Mrs. Hayes gleefully checks out each and every item with great interest. She picks up different clothes and puts it to my body from afar so as to see if it will look good on me or not while I just stand there looking uncomfortable as hell. One of the sales girls comes and hands Mrs. Hayes a trolley bag to put in the selected items.

“What’s your favorite color, hon?”, Mrs. Hayes questions me while checking out a top that she just pulled out from a hanger. “ I don’t really have a favorite color.”, I reply and look down while fidgeting with the hem of my blouse.

“ Oh! That’s even better then.”, I look up confused as hell and I find her just smiling. “ I mean, since you don’t have a favorite color, you won’t be fussing about a particular color which makes my job of choosing your clothes all the more easier. Although, I must say from what I see, you look beautiful in every color I’ve chosen for you.” I blush profusely at this.

After Mrs. Hayes is done choosing she hands me the trolley bag and pushes me towards the trial stalls. I enter a stall and lock the door behind me. Hearing the lock click, I put down the trolley bag and see that I’m surrounded by mirrors on three sides of the stall. I leave out an already tired sigh just by looking at the amount of clothes I’m given to try on.
After I finally finish putting on each item, I quickly change into my clothes and leave the stall eager to go home. Exiting the room I hand over the trolley bag to one of the employees standing there. She takes it from my hand with a polite smile with return. I begin looking out for Mrs. Hayes amongst the crowd in the store. I don’t see her anywhere around so um guessing she is probably waiting for me by the counter.

Still trying to look out for her I walk towards the counter when all of a sudden I find my self dash into a rock hard chest. I look up to apologize quickly for my clumsiness when I’m met with a familiar pair of ocean blue eyes. Shock written all over my face, I see, wait… what’s his name again? Oh yeah!! Kyle, smirking and enjoying my shocked expression.

“ You have got to be kidding me!!”, I huffed with annoyance.

With the same smirk still plastered on his God forsakenly beautiful face, he speaks, “ Well hello there! What a pleasant surprise!”

“ I don’t think its pleasant in any way but it surely is a big damn surprise.”, I reply annoyed.

“ Oooo feisty! I like it.”

I just can’t believe this guy. I’m practically shooting daggers his way and he has the freaking audacity of winking at me. I swear if looks could kill he would be buried way deep into the ocean by now.

“But come to think of it, why do I always find you running into me? I mean I know all this beauty is way too much to take in at one time for you and all that but all you have to do is just say the words and I’ll let you have a feel of it. You see it’s way better then all these little stunts you pull off, don’t you agree?”, he concludes his rant with yet another wink and a cocky grin.

To say I’m stunned at this is purely an understatement.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for loving yourself and all that but seriously how can someone be so full of themselves!? I shoot him a glare ready to give him a piece of my mind when I hear Mrs. Hayes calling out to me from behind this self- absorbed jerk standing in front of me. Not really wanting to waste my time on him I turn to take another way to Mrs. Hayes. I hear the jerk laughing and saying something like, “ see you again, babe.” God! I so wish I could give him a piece of my mind on that too.

I meet Mrs. Hayes at the exact same spot from where she had waved out to me.

“ Did you like everything I selected for you?”. I nod with a smile. She then looks at the place Kyle and I were and asks me, with a sly smile creeping onto her face, whether he was an old friend to which I just replied saying I dashed into him on my way to find her. I don’t think she bought it but smiled nonetheless.

Even after me disagreeing to Mrs. Hayes on the amount of clothes she decided to buy for me, here I am sitting on right side of the backseat with the numerous bags in the middle, over me and over Mrs. Hayes who is currently sitting on the left side.

After paying the bill for all those clothes at the store, Mrs. Hayes took me to two other stores to buy some shoes and bags. We then went to the third floor to have something to eat after which we decided to leave the mall.
I turn in my seat to the left to where Mrs. Hayes was. “ I’m really sorry you had to spend so much for me today. All this is really not necessary but I’m extremely grateful to you.”, I apologize and thank her for everything.

“ Briella honey, this really isn’t much. Don’t apologize because honestly, I’m so happy I finally got to do something a mother does for her daughter. And trust me when I say this, spending money on you is really worth it. So, please don’t feel guilty about anything.”, she says this as she rests her right hand caringly on my cheek. I truly am grateful for all she and Mr. Hayes have done for me.

I then envelope myself in silence as my mind drifts back to that jerk I had to cross paths with at the store. The next time I meet him, I’m surely going to give him my piece of mind.

Aghhhh!!! I don’t even know why I’m thinking of him right now.

                        ××××××