Chapter 5

** Pic of the new school **

        ××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Brie's POV

I’m woken up by the sound of my alarm clock blaring in through my ears, alarming me that it’s time to wake up and get ready for my first day of school. I shoot out my left hand from underneath my face to put off that bloody piece of noise pollution. Finally locating the clock situated on the bedside table I press the slightly elevated button down- shutting off the alarm.

I try to go to sleep for a little more time,( keyword: TRIED) until Cara storms into the room holding a tray in her hands with an awfully pleasant smile on her face. I leave out a loud groan and sit up running my right hand through my morning hair.

“ Good morning, darling. Had a good sleep?”

“ Good morning Cara,” I stifle a yawn, “ and I was having a good sleep until you stormed in!!”

She just giggles at my response and walks towards the glass slider doors. She draws the curtains open and soon the morning sunlight in all its glory brightens my room through the closed glass doors. She slides them open and finally my skin warms up with the heat.

“ C’mon Briella, you wouldn’t want to be late on your first day of school.”

“ I know. I know but is it necessary I go to school?”, I whine although after the words leave my mouth I realize how dumb I sound. I get up from the bed and walk towards the bathroom to do my morning chores when Cara informs me about the coffee she had brought for me. I told her to leave it on the bedside table which I would drink later once I was dressed.

I come out of the bathroom and enter the closet. I go through the clothes that were purchased for me yesterday. Some of these clothes are a little bit revealing and I’m not in the mood to attract any attention my way on the first day so I go for something more comfortable.

I stand in front of the mirror to check out my outfit.  I wore a pair of blue skinny ripped jeans and paired it with a short red top which reached exactly on my waist. Since the top had thin straps which left my arms bear, I pulled on a grey jumper. I wore a thin double fold gold chain. And lastly I paired my entire outfit with some black and white checkered Vans. Everything seemed to go perfectly and plus I didn’t look like a hobo so I was happy.

I sprint downstairs with my coffee mug and my school bag on my shoulders

I sprint downstairs with my coffee mug and my school bag on my shoulders. I enter the kitchen and hand over the mug to Cara. I then greet Mr. Hayes who is sitting on a stool at the kitchen island reading a newspaper. He looks up and greets me back with a warm smile on his face.

Mrs. Hayes enters the room and greets everyone. She places a kiss on her husband’s cheek. She then hugs me and places a soft kiss on my forehead. I feel a jolt of happiness spread over my full body at this. It was something new to me. Never before had I ever been cared for so much. I mean all the past foster families never really paid attention to know about my existence.