32

Melancholy had surrounded him when he had entered the mansion called home. The melancholy that was killing him slowly but there was a hope of hope, a hope that someone would pull him out of the bog of melancholy...and did his hope drag him out of darkness. It did.

He didn't know when his eyes opened but the sunlight peeking from the curtains was evident of late morning. His head was feeling a little light and it felt like he had slept without any worry after ages. Getting freshened up he went downstairs in search of the one who made him sleep like a baby.

“Mobi bhai,” he heard Sahir calling and turned around only to find him standing on a little distance from him. A skeptical look formed in his face as he saw the expression of Sahir. He raised his eyebrows making Sahir come forward.

“I. I just... I wanted to apologize.” He spoke looking here and there. His down cast eyes speaking of his regret while his voice shivering.

“I don't think you should apologize to me, the person who you should apologize is your sister.” Mubashir spoke.

“I know I should but, ...but it's not that easy. Ever time I gather courage to talk to her, the stupidity I had done drags me back.” Sahir was frustrated, he dearly wanted to apologize to his sister. He was ready to bear her anger or anything, but then he couldn't even muster up the strength to go in front of her.

“You should have thought before misbehaving with her Sahir. For the mother you talked like that was the one who had left you and your sister was like your mother...you should have thought at least once before being rude. And one more thing...you made her cry, and I don't like tears in her eyes. I don't care if you are her brother...one more tear and you will pay.” Completing his sentence Mubashir patted Sahir's shoulder and left towards the kitchen.

Sahir had moisture in his eyes...he was a fool, a complete fool. Sure she was like his mother but then the craving for mother's love had taken a toll on him. He was left in a termoil, everything was clear yet there was hazy fog...the haziness which was making him sulk in regret, remorse and self accusations.

Mubashir entered the kitchen and found her sipping coffee as she leaned on the kitchen island. Her face wasn't holding any emotion yet her eyes held a whole sea of it. His footsteps made her look towards him and smile. The kind of smile which reached her eyes, filling it with liveliness and serenity.

“You're up finally. I tried waking you but you didn't even budge.” She spoke with enthusiasm making him smile at her lovingly.

“Sit, I will heat the breakfast.” She spoke gesturing towards the counter chairs. She got indulged in her work, and he, he just kept observing her....staring her as if she was the only one in the world...and indeed she was the only one, only his. His thoughts lingered from everything to anything.

He had never thought that her staying by him would mean so much. He had never thought that they would end up like this...in a beautiful understanding relation. Her soothing words the last night had him experience a divine yet familiar emotion for her and this time he knew what it was leading to...him falling for her.

His reviere broke when she forwarded him the plate of some heavenly smelling breakfast. He looked down and then at her. Smiling in thankfulness he started eating while she took seat across him.

She kept looking him the same way he was doing few moments before, with the same emotions. She didn't know for how much time she was looking at him. The way he had cried last night was still fresh in her mind, his sobs that had echoed was still reverberating in her ears, his teary lost eyes, the painful look everything had broken something inside her. It had felt like one part of her was breaking with him. He had clung to her as if she was his lifeline, his tears had not only soaked her cloth but her heart too. Clenching it...squeezing it.