34

***

***

“Who is dead?” It was Sultan, he got up from his place and came near them. Sahir was still silent, what could he say? It felt like a mountain had collapsed on him. His eyes were hollow.

“Rabiya, she is dead. Ibrahim killed her.” Ayesha spoke regaining her consciousness. She glanced at Sahir who was still frozen like he was a moment before, his fave devoid of any emotions.

“What?” Bilal shouted.

“He killed her as soon as she spoke the truth about Sahir.” She said looking down, the truth wasn't alone of Shair, it was related to all of them.

“What truth?” Mubashir asked eyeing her who was still looking down as if lost in an agonizing thought. She looked up and glanced at her father, the concerned look in his eyes making her heart clench. He was always kept away from the truth.

She was about to say something only to stop after hearing a loud thud, as if someone had fallen. All of their head snapped towards the sound. It was Sahir, he had collapsed and was unconscious...his nose bleeding while his eyes fluttering as if trying not to get closed.

“Sahir!” It was the loud voice of Bilal that made her realize what had happened. Her brother was laying unconscious just in front of her eyes. He ran towards him and kneeled down beside his almost lifeless body. Ayesha patted his cheeks trying to wake him up, Mubashir called for the driver and asked Bilal to pick Sahir up.

Everything that happened next was nothing but dazed. Then carrying Sahir to hospital and the doctors carrying him to the operation theater. The doctors had said something like brain hemorrhage, rupture of veins and concussion. The words had felt too unknown to comprehend the vulnerable condition of Sahir. All that they knew was his life was in danger...hanging between the death and aliveness.

“Mr Khan, we need to operate as soon as possible.” They were standing still in front of the operation theater when a doctor came out and spoke.

“Do anything and everything you can. Save him” Sultan spoke making the doctor nod and then return to the room. Sultan slumped down on the steel chair, his face morphed into a grieved one. Ayesha sat beside him and held his hand in his, trying to give a little comfort but failed.

“What happened there? What happened that my child couldn't take it?” Sultan's low and cold voice made a shiver run down her spine. Only she knew how hard it was to tell the reality, the reality of their cruel past.

“Baba, ...he…he is your blood.”

Sultan's head snapped towards Ayesha who was looking towards him the disbelief in his eyes and the shock non his face made her nod at him. Not only him but the other two were shocked. The information was nothing but like a crash on them.