back on track, almost

Hearing that Michelle had resigned as dance captain that year was a big shock to Harper. She knew for a fact that Michelle loved being dance captain so the fact that she gave it up because of their parent's divorce just further reinforced the damage that they were doing to both girls. Those were the only thoughts running through her mind as she walked into studio A. Miss Kate had sent a message for her to meet her in the office but Harper had no idea in the slightest what it was about.

"Hi Miss Kate, what did you need to see me about?" The fourteen year-old asked timidly as she stood in the doorway, uncertain of whether or not she should enter. Kate glanced up with an excited expression which relaxed Harper as she knew that whatever the studio head had to say, it was good news.

"Well Harper," Kate began as she beckoned the girl inside and directed her to a seat in front of her desk. "Phoebe has noticed in your rehearsals that you've really improved here and you're certainly not at the level of J Troupe anymore. We've decided that you will be bumped up to B Troupe." Harper was ecstatic when she heard the news.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much. This is incredible." She exclaimed with a fluttering feeling inside her. This was the best news she had received all week and she most definitely wasn't going to waste this opportunity. The studio head gave her a supportive smile to tell the girl that she was allowed to leave and Harper had to stop herself from skipping out of the office she was so excited.

As the blonde rounded the corner in the hallway, she was so elated that she wasn't looking where she was going and managed to collide with a figure that was coming from the opposite direction. She stumbled backwards a little but quickly collected herself and the wide smile that had been etched on her face had returned as quickly as it left when she realised it was Noah who she had bumped into.

"Noah, I got moved up to B Troupe!" She squealed not able to contain it any longer. The boy winced slightly at the volume of her clearly excited voice but soon a large grin found its way onto his face.

"No way, that's amazing. Congrats." He said patting the girl on the shoulder as he scanned her face. Her eyes were sparkling with joy and her mouth couldn't have physically been any wider in its smile. "I was just gonna go find Abi, but I'll catch up with you later for a juice." Harper's mood was dampened slightly from his response. Abi was one of the girls who had joined B Troupe from Elite and she was really nice person, but she had hoped that Noah would want to spend some time with her after they had both achieved such big goals over the week.

"Well I have rehearsals with her soon in the music room so she might be there but-" before Harper could even finish her sentence, Noah had cut her off as an eager look of determination wiped across his features.

"Great, lets go." He finished for her as he dragged her along the corridor to the music room. As expected, Abi was already in there rehearsing the choreography for B Troupe's dance alongside Richelle. Harper was aware that Noah thought Abi was cute, but it seemed to be developing into more than that. When the two of them abruptly entered the music room, Noah's full attention focused on Abi, the two girls jumped a little out of surprise.

"Oh hey guys." Abi greeted the two of them as herself and Richelle stood up. As Noah instantly gravitated to stand closer to Abi, Richelle and Harper exchanged an exasperated look and were both thinking exactly the same thing. "Oh shoot, I forgot my water bottle. I'm just gonna go and grab it so we can start teaching you the choreo Harper." The blonde went to reply in gratitude but Noah managed to speak before her.

"No it's cool, I'll get it for you." Noah said but before anyone could respond he had sprinted at lightening speed to find Abi's bottle. The three girls looked at one another with matching expressions but decided to mark through the choreography until Noah got back, not that it took him long. Within what seemed like seconds, Noah had charged back into the room holding Abi's bottle out for her. The two of them began casually talking about how fast Noah was as the two best friends exchanged yet another look of annoyance. "Oh sorry, did you guys want one too?"

Harper shook her head but she noticed that Richelle seemed more than irritated. She almost looked upset. As though Noah flirting with Abi caused her some type of pain, but knowing Richelle she would never admit that without a little pushing.

"No, those bottles are bad for the environment. You guys should know this." Was the only response the flustered blonde could muster before she hastily grabbed her bag and breezed out of the music room. Harper instantly knew what was wrong. She tuned out of the conversation and the realisation hit her. Richelle liked Noah. It was so obvious when she considered it, every time Noah and Abi were together she instantly tried to make up an excuse to leave. Harper knew why as well, Noah was cute and really nice and of course he was an amazing dancer. She also knew that the feelings Richelle had developed were not real feelings because if she ever had to spend real time with Noah, Richelle would realise that she couldn't look past his flaws.

Without another word to either of them, not that they noticed, Harper rushed out of the studio to find Richelle sitting alone at a table in Hidalgo's. Her bag was lazily drooped over the back of the chair and for the first time ever, Richelle was slouching. With concern filled eyes, Harper took the seat opposite her friend and reached over to gently grab hold of her hand. Richelle's matching green eyes lifted to meet Harper's and she let out a weak smile.

"Richelle, I know you like Noah." The shorter of the two went to object but Harper raised her hand so Richelle would hear her out. "It's okay to like someone, and I get why you do but at the same time are you sure you really positively like him in that way?" Richelle was quiet for a moment as she debated the question in her mind.

"Honestly, I don't know. I've never really like anyone before so it might just be crush, but it could be something more." The taller blonde nodded as she listened with a motionless facial expression which caused a smirk to spread across Richelle's scheming face. "Why? Do you like him too?" She teased cheekily. A lot of people at the studio had always thought that Harper and Noah had a more than platonic relationship but the pair themselves never really saw it anything more than a friendship.

"Are you kidding? Of course not, he's my best friend." When this earned a gasp from Richelle, Harper found herself confused again and feared she had said something wrong. They were the closest of friends, but Richelle was known to be awfully sensitive so even without knowing, Harper could have easily offended her. "What is it?"

"I thought I was your best friend." Richelle joked in a mockingly insulted tone. The two of them laughed at her ridiculous behaviour and it felt like things were slowly getting back on track fro Harper. Well almost. If things were as they usually were then Noah would be laughing right alongside them, but obviously with him being in A Troupe and having this new crush on Abi, things were going to change.