not goodbye, just see you later

It had been announced that in order to break the tie between The Next Step and Acro Nation, they would each have two hours onstage to choreograph an entirely new ten person dance. Although it was incredibly stressful for them to get it done, Harper couldn't fight the smile on her face. After having been offered a huge opportunity with a touring company, nothing could put her down.

As they worked through the new routine, it seemed to come pretty easily to Noah and everyone was doing really well. Even when it was time for them to clear the stage for Acro Nation, they weren't too worried as they had worked really hard to make an amazing piece.

Everyone was taking a quick break and Harper noticed that Richelle was sitting in the foyer on her phone. She knew it was the perfect opportunity to break the news that she was leaving, but she couldn't do anything to prepare herself. With a sigh, Harper made her way over and took the seat beside her best friend.

"Hey Harps, look at this puppy, isn't he so cute?" The shorter blonde gushed as she continued to stare down at the little dog on her phone. When Richelle noticed that Harper wasn't responding, she placed her phone down and focused her attention on her. "What's up?"

"Well the thing is...you know I think it's just time that...I don't really know how to say this...I guess it's just time, you know?" Harper rambled on not realising that she hadn't actually addressed the issue.

"Okay try again, this time maybe actually tell me what's going on." Harper hesitated slightly before responding.

"This guy came to talk to me earlier and he, well he offered me a position in a touring company." She finally managed to get the words out and Richelle's eyes lit up in excitement. Before she responded she engulfed Harper in a bone-crushing hug.

"Harper that's incredible! I'm so happy for you, what kind of- wait," Richelle paused as the realisation hit her. "If you're going on a tour then, does that mean..." She trailed off at the thought of Harper leaving.

"I'm leaving the studio Richelle." Harper finalised it so there was no room for confusion, but at the look on Richelle's face she really wished she hadn't. The girl look heartbroken, even more so than when Eliot broke up with her. The two of them had been each other's biggest support unit since they had been at the next step. They clicked instantly and Harper could not imagine a life without Richelle. "I can't imagine what it's gonna be like dancing without you by my side, but this is an opportunity I really can't ignore."

"Well I'm devastated that your leaving, but I could not be more proud of you." Harper half expected Richelle to scream or yell at her, but when she saw a few tears run down her face, she knew that they were tears of happiness not anger. "When I first met you, you were so insecure and scared that you could never be as good as Michelle or anyone else, and now you're going on a professional dance tour. I am so beyond happy for you, and I'll be there on opening night to watch you light up the stage."

"I honestly could not have gotten through my time here without you there to push me but also be there for me in a way that nobody else was. Thank you for everything Richelle, I love you." Richelle muttered something of a response between her sniffles as she embraced Harper once more. "And also thank you for not yelling at me, I was terrified." Richelle let out a chuckle as both girls soaked each other's shoulders with tears. They were saying goodbye to each other for the time being, but certainly not to their friendship.

"Harper! We're so happy for you." Screamed the voice of Ozzy from behind as both blonde's turned around and saw that the entire team had been listening and heard Harper's good news. He led the team over and tackled Harper in a hug which she chuckled at but returned nonetheless.

"Thanks guys." She sniffled out with a smile at how supportive the whole team was being. It was amazing to know that they would be there for her. Even when she did leave, they would always be her team.