studio saver or wrecker?

Having Richelle back was a surreal feeling and Harper was beyond glad to have a catch up with her in shakes and ladders before they had to perform their duets. The two best friends ordered their drinks and sat down together at a table. It wasn't as though Harper hadn't visited Richelle in hospital, she was actually the one who spent the first night there with her parents, but when Elliot showed up she decided to give the two some space in their blossoming romance.

"So, how are things with Elliot?" Harper asked teasingly as she sipped on her drink. The shorter blonde rolled her eyes but smiled anyway and Harper could have sworn she saw a hint of a blush.

"They're actually amazing. I know you wouldn't think it but he's so sweet and caring, I think we're a really great match." Harper couldn't imagine herself dating Elliot but Richelle and him seemed to fit nicely together. She was happy for her. "What about you and Noah?"

"Well there is no me and Noah right now." Richelle looked confused as the two of them seemed fine in rehearsals and they were even partners for the duet. "Well basically I told him that before we act on our feelings we should sort out this whole Miss Angela problem. Basically my love life is dependant on you getting rid of her for us." The blonde joked making Richelle chuckle.

"Speaking of Miss Angela, is she really as bad as they were saying? She seems alright." Harper became a little nervous when Richelle expressed these views but she knew that failing was not an option. She had to convince Richelle that Miss Angela was bad news.

"Richelle, she's the worst. Piper lost her spot on the team because of her and our regionals routine has no substance whatsoever. All she cares about are winks and smiles." Richelle nodded but still seemed unconvinced as she glanced up at the clock on the wall.

"Oh shoot, we should probably head to the studio. She's gonna want to see the duets soon." Richelle told her and Harper nodded as she finished the last of her drink and headed back to studio A alongside Richelle. The two girls wished each other luck before they reunited with their respective duet partners. There were six duets in total; Harper and Noah, Summer and Kenzie, Jacquie and Kingston, Richelle and Finn, Ozzy and Lily and Henry and Amy.

When it was Harper and Noah's turn she felt as though she was doing pretty well. She usually really struggled with hip hop choreography but Noah had really helped her with it in rehearsals the other day and she was definitely improving. Harper hoped Angela would pick them to be the featured duet at regionals, but with Lily in the running it was highly unlikely. They watched the rest of the duets and it was really refreshing to watch Richelle dancing again, Harper thought she had a good chance at getting the duet.

"Gather round. You all did well, but I am looking for star power and dazzle which is why Lily will be our lead dancer." Miss Angela paused briefly as she glanced around the room at the other dancers who were all waiting in anticipation to see who would have the duet with Lily. "Fortunately there is one dancer who is up to Lily's standard. Richelle, I would like to see you and Lily doing the duet together. Let's get rehearsing."

Richelle thanked Miss Angela profusely before introducing herself properly to Lily and Harper had the feeling that they had just lost their last hope. Richelle was supposed to be on their side and change the game entirely, but that was looking slightly impossible after she had just been given a lead role.

The rest of the rehearsal was spent running through the exact same piece of choreo they had been practicing for at least two weeks by that point. It was all winks, smiles and no substance. Richelle sat out to the side to watch and she was surprised by how low the level of the dance was, Angela had brought them all down to Lily's level and had brought down their spirits along the way. She knew she had to do something.

As the team were all having a short break and goofing off a little in studio A, Lily matched in followed by Richelle. Harper had a feeling she was up to something but she wasn't entirely sure what.

"Okay everyone listen up. I would first like to announce that Richelle will be my assistance as dance captain so if you have any questions, just ask her." Everyone shared confused glances. Why would Richelle settle for being a dance captains assistant and especially to Lily? It was so unlike her. This wasn't the same best friend that Harper knew. "Secondly, I have to pick the two alternates for regionals today so...actually Richelle you know these dancers better than I do. I want you to point out all their weaknesses." This wasn't going to end well.

"Oh, okay. Well for starters, Henry can't do ballet at all." Richelle scanned around and moved onto Jacquie. "Jacquie only dances with one facial expression which, if you ask me, won't make her a very well rounded dancer." The two of them moved over to Amy who looked extremely nervous. "Amy is really...nice." Amy went to thank Richelle as it seemed like more a compliment than a criticism, but Lily got there first.

"But as my mom says, nice doesn't win regionals." The girl commented sassily as the two of them strutted over to Kingston.

"Kingston has just graduated from baby ballet." Richelle announced to Lily making Kingston blush in embarrassment. It didn't matter that he had only just passed baby ballet, he was learning and improving more and more with each day. What was Richelle doing? "Noah, always puts his relationships before dance. I'm starting to wonder if dance really means that much to him anymore." Harper wanted to say something because Richelle was way out of line, but she was rounded on next. She noticed Richelle hesitate slightly before she said anything, but she went on anyway.

"Harper has little to no self esteem. Are we really going to do well at regionals with someone who doesn't even believe in herself let alone in the team?" Harper felt herself go numb. Richelle knew how personal that was to Harper, her issues with self esteem had started when she was really young and she didn't really know where they came from. Maybe it was because a lot of people used to tell her she wasn't good enough, or because she had to live up to a two time winner of the Miss national soloist award as a sister. Whatever it was, Richelle knew how much it hurt Harper to talk about it so she was appalled at her for bringing it up.

Everyone was still really mad at Richelle for what she had said. Noah even went to confront her but it made no difference, it couldn't change the damage she had already done. He noticed, when everyone was stretching and cooling down together in the studio, that Harper seemed more quiet that usual and he knew why.

"Harps are you okay?" He asked and the girl nodded as she stretched out her hips. When Harper went quiet, it was a telltale sign that she was really upset about something and Noah was aware of that, but he didn't want to push her and before he could get another word in, Richelle had entered. She was the last person anyone wanted to see.

"Richelle, where's your new bestie?" Amy asked in a salty tone, everyone was clearly still frustrated with the girl. They had all been so excited to have her back at the studio, but she stomped on that excitement.

"It's funny you should say that actually because, my new 'bestie' just gave me all the information we need to get our studio back." Everyone glanced around at each other in confusion but also with a hint of hope. Perhaps they had underestimated Richelle's acting skills and judged her a little too quickly. "You guys in?"

Everyone gathered round and listened to what she had to say. It would be difficult to pull off, but if they all came together as a team it was possible. They had to make it work because failing, was not an option.

| | |

a/n: thank you for reading this chapter! i can't believe that we're at 215 reads like that is INSANE!!!! i really appreciate it and it means the world to me that some of you are enjoying this story. if you want to comment what you think of this volume so far i'd love to hear all your opinions and if you want to drop a vote then that would also be so amazing for me :)