Fishing

Sai laid down nearby and rubbed his face, not caring about his swollen face or the bleeding nostrils. He glared at Shao Xuan picking things out, but looking from that angle, he could not see clearly what Shao Xuan had eventually collected. He was certain that he must have picked out some fine stones that could be traded for at least a few days’ food.

Shao Xuan could perceive the gaze from Sai and Zhan, however, he was already accustomed to that. After picking up several items, he noticed that it was already quite late and was time for him to go back. There were still plenty of nice stones left from his perspective, but he knew that he had gained enough for a day. Collecting too much might not be a good thing for him, especially when he was still young and vulnerable. He might lose them all if he had too much. His current strength wasn’t enough. He needed to have the patience to wait for that so-called totem power to be awakened…

After calling Caesar back to make sure Ye was safe after being dragged away by Caesar, Shao Xuan left with his stones packed in animal skin.

By the time Ye staggered back, he saw Sai lying on the ground with blood on his face and gritting his teeth. Zhan was next to him, still trembling in fear.

Sai recovered a little and got his breath back. Immediately he commanded Ye and Zhan to see if they could find any fine stones that could be traded. He murmured something quite offensive and swore to get his revenge by beating up Shao Xuan and rob away all his possessions the next time they encountered each other.

What they didn’t know, was that not far away, some warriors witnessed the whole incident. But they had also left one after another after Shao Xuan had gone.

“Who was that lad?” a young warrior asked his companion curiously.

“You mean the one with that wolf? I believe he is called Xuan and lives in the cave near the mountain foot district. As for the wolf, you’d better keep your hands off of it, for that belongs to the Shaman!” The older warrior warned. He did not know if there was some hidden meaning in the Shaman’s act, nor did he care. He just needed to know that the wolf belonged to the Shaman and could not be hunted down. And in his perspective, that kid was merely keeping the wolf for the Shaman.

The younger warrior grasped his messy hair covered in stone chips, “I won’t be thinking about the Shaman’s things. Ha-ha, I was just thinking about that kid there. Based on how he acted just now, I think he would be a good warrior after he awakens his totem power. Perhaps we could recruit him into our hunting team.”

“It’s still too early, and that can wait for at least two to three years. I believe those several kids from your mountainside district are not bad, but for children from the cave…” The older warrior shook his head and did not finish his words, yet anyone could sense the meaning hidden behind his sentence.

The tribe was roughly divided into three main districts, and the stronger a warrior, the higher the district he would be living in. The mountaintop district was the central spot of their tribe. It had been said that the tribe’s fire pit was located there, and it was also the hottest area.

In the eyes of many warriors, children from the cave possessed poorer qualifications than children living around the mountain foot district, and they could not awaken their totem power as early as others. Even if they have grown old enough to awaken totem power, they would not be easily accepted by most hunting teams. Teamwork is considered to be the most essential part when it comes to hunting, and any weak link could bring unexpected tragic consequences.

Shao Xuan did not know about the warriors’ talk, nor their opinions about him. But he already knew that someone must have been around, observing. Because he had heard things and had the ability to speculate.