Crafting Stoneware

Even before Shao Xuan went down the mountain, people in the mountain foot district were already discussing Shao Xuan’s awakening. No one expected that this young, weak little kid from the orphan cave would be able to awaken his totemic power yesterday!

Since he awakened his totemic power at such a young age, people assumed him to be full of potential and that perhaps, he would turn into a strong totemic warrior. Also, people were wondering why Shao Xuan had awakened his totemic power so early. Some said that it was because Shao Xuan went out to exercise every morning, just like kids up in the mountain, that he could awaken his totemic power so early. There were also some people that speculated it was because of the fish, because no other such thing had ever happened in the mountain foot district, so why now had Shao Xuan existed as an exception? However, that theory got refuted as soon as it appeared. Their own kids had eaten plenty of fish since they began fishing themselves, and some of them were one year older than Shao Xuan. If fish were the reason for his awakening, then why didn’t they awaken their totemic power? So, in the end, people boiled down the reason of Shao Xuan’s early awakening to the fact that he went out to practice and exercise every morning. More and more people were convinced of that as time went by. Hence, when Shao Xuan finally came down the mountain, he noticed that most of the kids who used to sleep all day, were now being woken up by their parents and had to go out to help move stones or go fishing with them.

Shao Xuan only knew why after he asked someone. Surely, working was also one kind of practice and exercise. Shao Xuan did not argue with the early-practicing theory, as of course he wouldn’t share the real reason with them.

Children in the cave did not go out fishing today. With Shao Xuan’s absence, Caesar refused to work and dig up stone worms anymore. Even if they had the fishing tools, they could not capture any fish without the bait. There were too many people in the gravel yard, so the kids couldn’t dig up stone worms for they would constantly be crowded out.

Caesar, on the other hand, never moved his ass from the entrance of the cave. He just squatted there, ignoring all the kids’ persuasion. Even when some kid reluctantly gave him half of a raw fish, he did not look at it and instead kept staring at the mountaintop.

Upon seeing Shao Xuan return, Caesar was immediately elated and rushed towards Shao Xuan at the first sight of him. If Shao Xuan had not awakened the totemic power and become much stronger, he perhaps would literally have been pinned down by Caesar.

All the kids in the cave were counting on his return, so Shao Xuan took Caesar to the gravel yard and they dug out many stone worms. After a winter’s hibernation, almost all the stone worms returned to the surface of the ground, resulting in a big harvest.

Since he had awakened his totemic power, Shao Xuan would go on hunting missions with his new team, making it impossible for him to be in charge of the orphan cave. After discussing with Ge, Shao Xuan left Tu and Ba to manage the cave together. Tu could count well, and his memorization ability was also outstanding. He was much more brave now and he could talk fluently. The only weakness about him was that he still seemed weak and slim. Ba on the other hand, was not outstanding in all those aspects, but his figure was strong enough. No one would be his rival once he got seriously angry. So it was reasonable that these two guys were in charge together.

After handling the stuff in the cave, Shao Xuan saw Lang Ga approach with a bright smile.

“Good lad! You impressed us all for awakening so early! I thought you’d have to wait for another two years or more!” Lang Ga was quite thrilled. Shao Xuan had asked Lang Ga before about whether he could join their hunting team after he awakened his totemic power, back in the days when they were chatting. Mai did not refuse Shao Xuan then, and in fact Mai had helped Shao Xuan after that, so it seemed that Mai was also optimistic about Shao Xuan. At first, when they attended the ritual ceremony, they felt it was a shame that Shao Xuan was still too young. However, no one expected that Shao Xuan would give them such a big surprise last night.