Ch 3: Ziplines and Trying Times

An obnoxious banging on the door awoke the sleeping duo from their slumber.

"Rise and shine lovebirds! We have quite the day today. I expect everyone to meet in the lobby in 30 minutes. You snooze, you get left behind." Madison yelled threw the door.

Ricky groaned as he slowly sat up from his position. "You know, I don't think I'd mind snoozing today if it meant not dealing with the Queen of Hearts wannabe and her henchman."

Nini giggles after she let out a yawn. "We both know we'd be beheaded if we purposely stayed behind."

"What's today's events anyway?" He reaches over to the pamphlet they were handed on the first day and looked at today's date. "Huh it looks like we're hiking in the forest to go zip lining. Maybe I won't skip today. That actually sounds pretty fun."

Nini freaks out when she hears zip lining. "On second thought, maybe we should stay in and accept the consequences." He looked at her addled.

"You don't like zip lining?"

She shivers just at the thought of it. "Yeah I know I'm not that vocal about some of my fears, but heights is definitely one of them."

He grapples her hands and kisses her hand. "Don't worry Neens, I'll make sure you'll feel comfortable the whole time. It'll be a breeze."

That didn't really change her mind that much however she did appreciate that he was trying. "We'll see about that."

He shoots up from the bed and stretches. "Well I'd hate to be "late" again, so let's try to be down in 20 minutes instead. I call dibs on the bathroom first!"

He sprints to the restroom, and she jumps off the bed to chase after him.

"Hey no fair! You got it first last time!"

***

Nini was all for supporting the wild and forests. Hell, she even took time to donate and sign some petitions to save endangered species when her good samaritan side made an appearance. But she loved them from afar. She thought pandas were cute, but you won't see her trying to pet a wild one anytime soon. That's basically how she was feeling right now.

As the wedding guest walked up the dirt path that led to the pinnacle of the mountain they'd be zip lining from, she found herself anxiously observing her surroundings making sure no arachnid or creepy crawler decided to hang out on her shoulder.

She scrunched her nose in disgust when she sees beetles crawling close to a tree she was passing. She was honestly shocked Madison chose this as an activity since she and her friends didn't seem like they even knew what hiking was.

When they finally made it to the top, Nini had already been out of breath and her acrophobia heightened when she saw just how high they were. She was amazed she didn't even notice she had climbed this far up. She unconsciously balled up her fists digging her nails into her skin.

Madison and Derek walked to the front of the group.

"Alright guys in order to go about our day as smoothly as possible, Derek and I assigned who'll be going in order. First up is Brooklyn and Matt, next is Ethan and Bethany, and then it will be Nina and Ricky following after."

Nini cringed; of course she was third in line to do this godforsaken activity. If she ever meets the person who came up with zip lining, she might have to square up because what on earth were they thinking?

Brooklyn giddily put on her gear while Matt mimicked her actions. The moment they were all set, one of the employees pushed the pair off. Matt's girlish scream could be heard the entire way down and though others laughed, Nini wanted to die.