Ch 15: Play Time is Over

The sequel is out btw!

Also, there are 4 spin off one shots in my Rini one shot book :)

************************************************

The following morning was the most tense one of them all for everyone.

Nini had went straight to her hotel room and cried her eyes out releasing all of her pent up emotions. She balled until she had no tears left to cry. When she had no more energy left, she let herself fall asleep too drained to even reflect on all of the events of tonight.

While she was deep in her much deserved sleep, Ricky came in at 11 pm as quietly as he could. He had left the reception a few minutes after Nini had jotted out not wanting to be surrounded by all of these horrible people.

Since he knew she needed space, he avoided going to the hotel. Instead he decided to roam the streets of Mexico trying to detoxify and ponder on what the future had in store for him and Nini.

He still wasn't sure where they stood since they still never got a chance to discuss their little hiatus, and it seemed like they wouldn't be able to anytime soon with this new information.

He gently sat down on the bed to check on her. He could see the stains from her tears on her cheeks and smeared makeup had gotten on some of her clothes and the sheets. Despite how broken she looked, he still found her beautiful. He reached over and gave her a faint peck on the cheek before undressing and retiring to the couch.

In the morning, Ricky and Nini packed in silence as they got ready for their flight back to Salt Lake. Both would sneak glances at the other behind their back.

When they were done packing, they had bumped into some of the wedding party on their way out. Ricky had sneered at Ethan as they walked by, but smirked when he saw the purple bruise on his face. It seemed like he had another bruise near his eye that must've come from someone else.

While they were checking out, Madison and Nini made eye contact from the distance. Madison had an apologetic look in her eyes, but Nini was having none of it. Madison started walking towards her, but Nini swiftly made her way to the exit with Ricky following after.

Madison began sprinting towards them as they got in the airport taxi.

"Nini, wait!"

Nini was half way threw the door and scowled at her. "What?"

Madison blushed and her lip quivered. "I'm just...I'm so sorry."

Nini kept a blank face and slammed the door on her. She was at the point where sorry just wasn't going to cut it for what she did to her.

Ricky worriedly looked at her. He wanted to hold her hand, but he wasn't sure how she'd react to his touch so he restrained himself.

"Are you okay?"

She looked straight ahead and shook her head. "Far from it."

He was gonna leave it at that, but then he felt her wrap her pinky around his. He had questions, but he didn't say anything as they rode in silence for the rest of the drive.

They were too scared of looking at each other the entire flight, which was hard considering they were sitting right beside each other for a few hours. When they landed, they stayed a good distance from one another as they patiently awaited their bags.

As they walked to the entrance of the airport, Ricky began searching for an Uber.

"Actually, I'm gonna ride alone if you don't mind."