Ch 12: Cold Feet

Nini wakes up to the feeling of warm kisses being pressed against her bare shoulder and neck.

She looks down to see Ricky's hand just below one of her breast while they were lying in a spooning position. For a second, she thinks this must be some sort of dream because there's no way she slept with her long time best friend last night.

There was no possible way they were lying naked next to each other after almost an entire night of endless kissing, caressing, and cuddling. It just didn't add up.

But then he kissed her collarbone, and she knew it was real.

She gets a sudden flashback of her lying under him clawing at his back, touching all the right spots, moaning words of pleasure, pleading him for more as he ravished her in a way no other man ever has.

"Hey." He says pressing a kiss to her cheek.

She pulls the sheets to cover up to her nose. "Hi."

"Last night was amazing."

He reaches down to give her a kiss, but she quickly yanks the comforter over her face before he can. He looks at her stunned. "Everything alright?"

"Uh yeah totally! I just need to go wash my face real quick. Be right back." She wraps the comforter around her body as she hurriedly jumps off the bed and runs to the bathroom. Damn, she really needs to stop escaping to the bathroom.

When she shuts the door behind her, she grabs a fistful of her hair as she begins to silently freak out. She for some reason cannot for the life of her accept that this happened. She's never let her own lustful desires overcome her like this.

She looks at herself in the mirror and gave herself a disapproving gaze. She couldn't believe she did something so stupid! This'll change their friendship forever whether it was a one time thing or not.

She wasn't ready for change. She wasn't ready to go into the unknown without figuring out her own feelings for him first.

She wasn't ready to embrace Ricky.

She dropped the comforter threw on some pajamas she had lying around on the bathroom floor. She needed space to clear her head.

When she gets dressed and walks out, she sees Ricky sitting upright in the bed in only his pj pants. It was obvious he had been waiting for her due to his worried expression.

"Hey, so I think we should probably talk."

She scrunches her nose and shakes her head. "Um actually my mind is kinda fuzzy. I was gonna go take a walk or something to clear my head."

He gets up from the bed and begins walking to her but stopped when she began walking backwards. "Nini, what's going on?"

"There's no problem!" She says a little too abruptly.

Of course he sees right through it. "Oh really? There's no problem?"

"Nope." She pops the p.

"Then why did you step away from me?"

She turns her head away from him. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He makes one step towards her, and she backed up again. "See? You just did it again."

"It was a natural reflex."

"Nini, look me in the eye and tell me you're not running from me."

She looks down at her fingers unable to meet his gaze. "I...can't."

"Why're you running from this? I thought that we-" He doesn't finish his statement, and Nini wasn't confident if she wanted to hear the rest of his sentence.