Ch 8: I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Ricky wakes up to the sun beaming its rays of light on his face and a sticky note attached to his forehead. He quickly realized the lack of presence of his best friend and frowned.

Nowadays, he actually looked forward to seeing her resting on his chest. He slowly removes the note from his head and reads it.

Went to go get some food before dance class. Don't worry I'll bring you some too. Should be back in ten. Love ya! -Nini

He found himself smiling when she said she loved him even though he knew she meant it in a friendly way. After they danced last night, he had felt different about her.

He assumed it was probably the atmosphere of the beach and romantic music that had contributed to his weird feelings, but he thought that those feelings would wear off by now.

He didn't know what to do with this alien feeling, so he decided to ask the one person that might. He rang up Big Red to facetime.

"Hey man, it's been way too long. I can't even recall a time where we went this long without talking." Big Red says.

"Yeah it has been a second. Sorry I haven't been reaching out. I've been very occupied with everyone."

"Yeah tell me everything man. I can only imagine the shit you've had to tolerate."

"To sum everything up, the wedding party are starchy and gossipy, the bride has the same chaotic evil energy as Hades, Ethan is a jackass, oh I may like Nini by the way, everything is hella expensive for no reason, and don't even get me start-

Big Red waves his hands. "Woah woah woah, back up. What did you just say?!"

"Ethan is a jackass?"

"After that."

"Everything is hella expensive?"

"No, before that."

"The bride is Hades?"

"Dammit Ricky, stop beating around the bush! I heard you say you might like Nini. Is it true?"

Ricky sighed in defeat. "Okay yeah, I might have a little thing for her, but it's probably nothing. Maybe our temporary façade is getting to my head or something."

"Why do you say that? Did something happen?"

"Well there were a few moments during our first week here that have definitely made me feel some kind of way towards her. Like yesterday, I spent the entire day with just her going to random places we thought we'd like. It felt so nice to see her so happy and full of life all day after dealing with the stress of her toxic ex and the stuck up wedding guests for a week. But the moment where I started to feel something was different was when we were on this beach called Lover's Beach. We were dancing to this romantic song, and when I looked her in the eyes I wanted to hold her in my arms forever. I don't know man. It's so weird. I've never felt this way before."

Big Red couldn't help but smile knowingly. "Ricky, that sounds a lot like love."

Ricky's face began to burn. "I wouldn't go that far. I don't even know what love feels like."

"Then how can you say you're not feeling it now?"

Ricky hadn't thought of that, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to. "Do you feel like that around Ashlyn?"

Red nodded and began blushing at the thought of his girlfriend who was soon to be his fiancé. "Yeah I always want to hold her no matter what my mood is. She just naturally lights up my day. I love her so much, and it's hard to imagine life without her. You know what I mean?"