Ch 4: Let's go to the Beach, Beach

The following day had been one of their intense days.

Today was a day spent entirely at the beach, which Ricky and Nini actually liked since there are no beaches in Salt Lake. Luckily, none of the excursions started until the afternoon which meant more sleeping time for the guest and less time Ricky and Nini had to spend with the snobs.

Ricky had convinced her to wake up a little earlier so that they can choose where to eat breakfast since Madison was only going to serve them smoothies in the morning. They end up eating at a cafe close to the entrance and chill there until it's time to go.

Ricky threw a grape in the air and caught it with his mouth. Nini applauded him as he bowed.

"You gotta teach me how to do that one day."

"How about now? We got like 6 more minutes til we have to leave."

"Yeah sure."

He backs up in his seat and grabs a handful of grapes. "I'm gonna throw these at your mouth and you just gotta try to catch them."

"What if it hits somebody?"

"You gotta believe in yourself Neens."

"But I don't."

"That's quitter talk, and your moms would despise hearing you say such things."

"Oh shut up and throw the damn grape already."

She opens her mouth and positions herself so that she's able to catch them.

"Alright here comes the first one." He throws a grape and not shockingly she missed landing in her lap instead.

"Don't worry I bet you'll get this one. Move your mouth a little lower." He tosses another one and it hits her square on the forehead. He giggles and she flips him off.

"Okay third times a charm." He tosses it and this time she finally catches it. They both cheer louder than they intended causing a few stares and he goes to the other side of the table to give her a hug.

"Wanna try one more?" She nods and positions herself accordingly. He throws the final one, but he aims horribly and it ends up flying over her head hitting the back of a person's head who was walking by. Ricky shrinks down in his seat hoping the person wouldn't know it was him.

The person turned around to see who the culprit was, and Ricky recognized it was just Ethan. Ethan made eye contact with him and Ricky smirked. Nini looked over her shoulder and rolled her eyes when she saw Ethan because he most definitely was going to try to find a way to bug them, and now he had a good excuse.

"Out of all the people you could've hit, it had to be my ex."

Ricky shrugged. "Hey, to be fair he totally deserved it. He really deserves so much worse than a grape to the head."

She looks back at him and noticed he was walking towards them. "Ugh great now he's coming here."

Ricky mouths sorry to her, but it doesn't help much. Ethan stood in between the two and gave them a devilish like grin. She thought it suited him well.

"Well I cant say I'm shocked that the rebellious skater boy hit me with a grape."

Ricky looked up at him with disgust and clenched his jaw like he always does when he sees him. "What can I say? I was born to rage."

Ethan looked him up and down as if he were measuring him up before averting his attention to Nini. His shit eating grin became more friendly when he looked at her, and it made Ricky want to kick him.