Chapter 1

"Jotaro! Could we talk for a second?" Kakyoin asked, stopping the other teen from pursuing Polnareff and enacting their final plan against DIO.

Jotaro allowed himself to be pulled out of his grandfather's sight. "What is it, Kakyoin?"

He smiled, "I believe that, after all we've been through together, you should be calling me Noriaki, right?"

Jotaro pulled his hat down further, muttering a soft " Good grief." Before looking back to Kak...Noriaki, "What is it, Noriaki?"

"I...well...I wanted to tell you something."

"Ok?"

Kakyoin took a deep breath, "Just in case I never get the chance after tonight, I wanted you to know..." he raised up and pressed his lips to Jotaro's in a fleeting kiss. "I love you Jotaro Kujo. I just wanted you to know that." He took a step back and looked up at his friend with a bit of fear in his eyes.

Jotaro stood frozen, eyes blown wide in shock. Did Noriaki just kiss him? Did Noriaki just confess?

"Kakyoin...I...I...I fe..." he was silenced by Noriaki's fingers pressed over his lips.

"Don't. Don't respond now. Tell me tomorrow, ok?" he said before quickly walking away.

"But, wait!" Jotaro said, trying to grab his arm but the other teen was too fast. Jotaro sighed, "I love you too, Noriaki."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cairo, Egypt. 1988

A groan sounded through the room, startling the older man keeping watch over the still terribly injured, redheaded boy.

"Aljuru, are you awake?"

Lavender eyes slowly opened and looked to the voice.

"Ah! Finally!" the man exclaimed softly, "I thought you would never wake."

"Wh...who...who are you?" he replied with a rasping voice.

The man quickly moved to get a cup of the tea he'd made and helped him take a few sips to sooth his parched throat, "I am Jabari Zaki. I saved you. You were nearly dead when I found you. Could you tell me your name?"

The boy stared at the man for a long moment before answering, "I...I don't know...everything is blank."

Jabari reached behind him and retrieved a badly damaged notebook, "Here, there is writing on the front. Perhaps a name? If you can read it. It is not Arabic or English, so I cannot read it."

The boy blinked several times trying to focus on the writing, "It looks like a name. I think it says Tenmei. It could also be Noriaki. It reads as both. I can't make out enough of the rest. There's too much damage."

"This was in your pocket. I am sure it is your name."

"But which one?" the boy asked, his voice growing weak.

Jabari set the notebook aside and "Which one do you prefer, Aljuru?"

Eyes growing heavy again, the boy whispered, "Tenmei sounds nice..."

*****

For the next 3 days, Jabari tended his new ward as Tenmei floated in and out of consciousness for minutes at a time. So, it was a great surprise when he walked in and found the boy pushed up into an almost sitting position.

"Aljuru! You look much better today. How do you feel?"

Tenmei smiled, "Still very tired but I'm so sick of sleeping. Thank you so much for caring for me" He paused briefly and gave the other man a hesitant look, "Umm, Jabari, you said I was nearly dead when you found me, what was wrong with me?"

"Ahhh, well. You were terribly injured. I found you on the street below a burst water tower. Your stand had lowered you most of the way down but it faded and you fell a fair distance. There was a large hole through the right side of your stomach, your head was almost cracked open from hitting the ground and so many other smaller things I cannot count. I...I don't know how you ended up in such a state. I used my stand to heal you enough to keep you alive before bringing you here. It took weeks to heal you enough to finally wake." He explained.

Tenmei just stared at Jabari with wide eyes, not believing he could have survived such injuries. He'd already looked himself over and there were no scars matching what the older man described.One thing stood out more than anything else though.

"What's a stand?"

********************

Minor note: Aljuru means pup or puppy in Arabic...at least thats what Google said.

If it's wrong, shoot Google, not me...pretty please?

********************

This is my first Jojo fic, so I apologize if they are a bit out of character. I'm still playing around with this whole idea. Not sure were it will lead yet.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome, I am majorly amateur. I hope you enjoy reading, nonetheless!

-Jax