Chapter 11: Fight, Flight, Freeze

"I wanna meet her!"

"No." I answers Raven's annoying whine.

"Why not?" Raven throws herself on my bed while I am getting ready to go to dinner with my mom.

"Because, has it ever occured to you that, she doesn't want to meet you?" Raven pauses for a moment.

"No... because everyone wants to meet me. I am Raven Reyes." I roll my eyes at my bestfriend, "I think we would be good friends, I like blowing things up... she likes hitting things... see, we would make a great team." Raven is scrolling through twitter while we speak.

"She doesn't like hitting people, she does it because she has to." I pause for a moment then turn to look at Raven, who is now curled up under my blankets, "Why are you even here?"

"Because I can be, now let me meet her." Raven puts her phone down and I shake my head, "Oh. come on! If I am keeping you two a secret, then why can't I meet her."

"First off, there is nothing to keep a secret... we are friends. Second, she is a private person." Raven picks up my phone while I am trying to find my shoes under my bed.

"I texted her." Raven states and I hit my head on the bed while I stand back up and take the phone from her.

"You what!" I yell and check the phone.

Clarke
hey my friend raven wants to meet you

(123) 456-7890
Who?

I pause and look at Raven, "What am I supposed to say now! You got her attention! She was probably warming up for tonight!" Raven tries to take the phone back but I step away from her. I quickly type back an excuse.

Clarke
sorry! raven had my phone

(123) 456-7890
Okay, I am going to go back to warming up. See you later.

I look back at Raven who was smirking at me, "Don't smirk!" She starts to smile and I groan, "Why are you here, you didn't answer me."

"I said cause I can." Raven's smile turns into a frown.

"Tell me before I have to get it out of you the hard way." I sit on the bed with her and she sighs.

"Luna brought a girl over to the dorm to study with her." Raven picks at her nail.

"Then why are you here and not showing Luna that you care if she brings another girl over?" I poke Raven's shoulder and she shrugs.

"I don't know. She is really pretty." I frown at my bestfriend who has taken over my bed.

"Not as pretty as Raven Reyes. No one is prettier than Raven Reyes, maybe Lindsey Morgan." I joke and she just looks at me confused, "Don't ask who that is. The moral of what I am trying to say is, get out of my bed and go flaunt it."

I take Raven's arm and start pulling her out of the bed. Once she is standing I put my hands on her shoulders and lead her out the door. We are both outside my dorm and I lock my room. I take her hand so that there is no running. Once we are outside my dorm building I look at her.

"What are you going to do?" She thinks of a response for a moment.

"I am going back to my dorm," I nod at her, "I am going to show Luna that I am pretty too."

"Not pretty too. Prettier." She nods at what I say and I turn her around and give her a little push to her dorm building, "Go get 'em tiger!" I call out.

"I'll see you later for Polis Underground." Raven calls back and I wave at her. Now I just have to wait for my mom to pick me up. I am going to bring her to Mama Shae's. I know Lexa won't be there because she is practicing, and I also want to support that business.