Chapter 12: Payback Is Hell

I just think about everything that just happened. I raised my voice at Lexa because of something she didn't know about. I just raised my voice at a little puppy. She didn't deserve to be yelled at like that.

The Beatles pull me out of my thoughts when another song comes on and starts with a very load accent. I think about how my father used to absolutly love The Beatles. He would listen to them every day and talk to me about how they shaped music.

I smile while walking out the room. Thoughts about my father usally make me smile. Sometimes they make me sad, but most of my memories of him are happy.

I walk down the corridor, hoping that I am going the right direction. The corridor was very dimmly lit. A few lights would flicker every once and a while. It is like something straight out of a horror story.

I turn some corner but stop when I hear yelling and shouting coming from the opposite direction. I peek my head around the wall to see three men holding Lexa to a wall (barely), and a woman is standing right in front of her talking.

"You really think this is going to be an easy fight?" the woman laughs.

"I don't think that. I am going against Roan, I know his reputation." Lexa responds. She has stopped fighting the men who where holding her to the wall.

"See, my son is a little worried... and as a mother I can not watch my son lose. You understand?" The woman says and Lexa rolls her eyes.

"Fully." Lexa says with an annoyed tone. The woman smiles and looks down at all the bruises on her stomach with an evil smirk.

"Now it would be hard for you to fight all sore..." Lexa clenches her jaw and then starts struggling to get out of they grip of them men, "Don't struggle and waste your energy."

Another man comes from behind the woman and hits Lexa hard in the stomach. I see her clench her jaw and close her eyes shut. It's like she is trying to stay calm. I instantly run out in between Lexa and the man.

"Stop! This is cheating! Don't hurt her!" I yell while I push my back against Lexa so she won't be hit anymore.

The man stops and doesn't know what to do with me in the way. The woman just stares at me with a small smirk. "And who is this, Commander?"

"No one. Klark, go to the arena." Lexa let's out weakly.

"No." I say to her and then look at the woman, "You are hurting her for no reason!" Before I can say anymore. The third man that was holding Lexa down grabs me and drags me away from Lexa.

"Hey, let go of her!" Lexa yell and starts pulling away from the men who are bruising her arms by how hard they are holding her down.

"Enough!" A loud voice yells through the corridor gaining everyone's attention. The two men holding Lexa let go of her and she drops to the floor, but quickly stands up and pushes the man, who was holding me, away, "What is going on?" He asks a little more patiently.

"Sir we were just-" The woman starts but Lexa cuts her off.

"They were holding me down and hitting me so I would be weaker during the match." Lexa explains and the woman was trying to argue against her.

"Nia. You will not speak until I have heard everyone else's view." The bald man points at the woman who nods at what he says.

"Sir. We didn't know it was a competition night. We were just- uh...." the man who was holding me tries but Lexa grabs his shirt.

"You better not lie." The authority in her voice sends shivers down my spin and I all of a sudden realize that I am the smallest in this whole conversation. I do not have the muscle that anyone here has.