Episode 9

Chapter 9

Apparently, we were getting a visitor to Hwarang House, and everyone was curious to see who it was. I tried to find some of my friends, and eventually found Suho, Yeoul and Hansung. They were looking across from a balcony thing and I looked up and all the memories came back when I saw who it was. I could feel the colour drain from my face. It was the Princess. The one who had ruined my childhood. My eyes welled up and my breathing got heavy.

"Harin? Everything okay?" Suho asked, worriedly, standing up instantly to put an arm around me in concern. Hansung and Yeoul matched Suho's face. "Y-yeah...I just need some air." I said and took off to find Jinheung. He was with Pa-Oh. "What is she thinking?" My brother thought, putting an arm around me, knowing how I was feeling. She passed by and glared at the two of us. I glared back. "I am sure she means nothing of it." Pa-Oh tried to assure us. No way. She's just like her mother. Always a catch. "My mother never does anything without a meaning behind it." My brother answered. Exactly. So what was she up to.

I wanted to go visit Aro to see how she was doing. She seemed distant. I saw Seonu leaving the medical room and he looked upset. I went into the room and she was crying. "Hey, is everything okay?" I asked, rushing over to her. "Yeah, it's nothing." She obviously didn't want to talk about it so I left it. But I gave her a hand with cleaning up the room. Then I brought her some tea. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her. She shook her head. "Okay. Drink that and you should be fine. Sorry for cutting it short but I have to go" I said, smiling softly at her, and standing up. "Hey." She called after me. I turned around. "Yeah?" I asked. "Thank you. And I know we do not have many run ins with each other, but can we be friends?" She asked, a small bit shy. I smiled. "Of course. What kind of question is that?" I laughed softly, and she did the same. "I need a girl friend around here. All of them are boys. I need some girl time at some point." I joked. She laughed. "Okay. Sounds good. I should introduce you to Suyeon too, she's Suho's sister." Aro finished. I smiled. "Yeah of course. The more the better and I don't have to be around boys all the time when we leave the Hwarang House every ten days." We smiled and I nodded to her and left.

Banryu on the other hand, has been awfully quiet and distant since he got the letter from Master Ho. I don't blame him though. He's been put through so much already and now he's been landed with something else. Even the boys noticed he doesn't tease them as much as usual.

I was looking for him that evening, and it was dark enough, but I found him eventually. He was sitting on the fence of the canopy bridges that connect the corners of Hwarang House together. "Hey, I've been looking for you." He jumped slightly at my voice, but he relaxed again once he saw it was me. "It's nearly bedtime, Wi Hwa will come after us soon if we don't go soon." I joked. A small smile disappeared on his face as quickly as it appeared.

"You still thinking about what your dad said?" I asked. He nodded. He wasn't crying, but he was teary eyed. He was scared. I sighed.

"I'm not in much of a position to tell you what's right or wrong and what you should do, but I know you're thinking of the right thing." I told him. "How do you know that?" He asked, desperately. "Because you wouldn't have thrown it in the river." I answered simply. "How do you know I'm not just ruining evidence that could be found and used to blame me later on?" He asked. "You wouldn't be as bothered about it as you are right now. I can see it on your face Banryu. You're scared." He sighed. "Look, I understand why you're torn about it. You are torn between upsetting the boys who you have just started to get along with or facing your fathers if you do not do what they want. But I know that you know what the right thing to do is. Because deep in your heart, you know that if you do the wrong thing, the boys will be upset, I will be upset, but more importantly, you will be upset with yourself. And that's all I'm going to say on the matter. It's up to you. I may be disappointed, but no one will be hurt physically if you do it. So in the end I will still support you." I told him. "I don't deserve you." He told me, hugging me. "Yes you do." I argued. I broke the hug slightly to turn around so that he was back-hugging me. He put his head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry I'm not very affectionate during the day. The boys tease me about this." He told me. I smiled up at him. "It's okay. Until you're more comfortable with being public so to speak in front of the boys I won't push it." I added. "I know what they're like. But I'm going to tell you now, Jidwi knows. But it's because he's my brother. He asked and I told him. But he's supportive. He will probably ask you about it, but don't be scared." I teased a bit, putting a hand on his face. Then he kissed my head. That was unexpected but incredibly sweet. We stayed looking at Hwarang House slowly quietening down and eventually went back to our room and went to sleep.