Chapter 13

Pa-Oh wanted us to meet the commander because apparently the Queen was in Hwarang House and wanted to see us. We met with the commander and he guided us to the Queen. "Why are you just letting Sookmyung do these things?" My brother asked. "Is it not a good thing for you?" The Queen answered. "Someone else is mistaken for the King instead of you. Whether Master Ahnji's son is mistaken for the King; keep your mouths shut. That is the only thing either of you can do right now."

"Are you saying that you planned all of this?" I asked in disbelief. "I can do anything. If it means you get to the throne safely, I can even kill all members of Hwarang right now." I jerked forward angrily but my brother caught my waist, holding me back. "Do you..do you really think that is what we want?" He asked her, he was just as shocked as me.

"I do not care about what you want, what you wish to do or what you hate. However, I do care about what I can do. If you want to take the throne in your lifetime, do not do anything. Nothing at all. Either of you. Do you understand?" My brother and I glared at her, hating her for this. We felt like pawns in a twisted game she was playing. But we were planning on changing that.

Wihwa was going to give us a voluntary mission today. We were finally going back to normal routine after an eventful few days. Everything has been weird lately. Seonu still gets random stares an talked about when he enters a room, Jinheung too. And me. I think some of the boys who believe it's Jinheung who's the King have kind of put 2 and 2 together, that if he's a king, I'm a princess so I get a few odd stares every now and then. Especially when I hang around those two.

"Today I have something special to say to you. What I am about to say is not an assignment for which you will pass or fail, and it is not your duty which you must perform. However, it is something someone must do." What is it...

"You are amity delegates, but I cannot guarantee your safety or your life."

"That's why.." My brother muttered to himself. "What?" I asked. "Mother sent me a letter saying "stay." This must be what she meant." He explained. "You're not going to though, are you?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Who do you think I am?" He joked and I smiled.

"You will leave in 3 days. We will recruit volunteers in the courtyard tomorrow. I will let you think it over until then."

"Who would do that...Don't you agree?" Yeoul spoke up.

"Sookmyung is going to Baekje..." We told Pa-Oh. "It is for amity, so she is only taking a few people." He responded. "Just because the Princess goes it will not create amity." My brother pointed out. "We will have to coaz them with gold and silk."

"How long does Silla have to keep bowing to these neighbouring nations?" Jinheung mumbled to himself. "It could be forever Silla's so much smaller. And the last time a kingdom didn't create amity with another, disaster struck." I said, mumbling the last part to myself. "What?" Pa-Oh and my brother asked. "What? Oh, nothing." I said, brushing it off quickly. That was close.

The next day we were gathered to choose who was going to Baekje. "Did you think hard about it?" Wihwa asked. Everyone was silent. "Are you saying not a single Hwarang has volunteered?" He added. "Who would when it's so dangerous?" Yeoul mumbled.

He tried to get Seonu and Suho to agree but it didn't happen. The doors opened and the Princess walked in with and my jaw dropped nearly when I saw who was behind her. Why was Aro with her?

They went up to the thing where Wihwa was standing and the Princess started speaking. "The delegates will be going to Baekje to create amity with them. However, I cannot guarantee you will return alive. This is Silla's first mission for Hwarang. If you return safely, you will receive great honour. However, if you fail, there will be no peace in Silla. My physician and I will take a small group. So, I shall ask again who will accompany me to Baekje?" I could see Aro shake her head to Seonu, but he ignored her and put his hand up. "I shall go."