Chapter 12

"The King is within Hwarang."

Those 5 words were about to change the atmosphere in Hwarang forever.

Wi Hwa appeared with his two men, and went up to the balcony on the main Hwarang House building. "If this is a joke, I will forgive it just this once." He told us. "However, if there was a motive behind it, I will not forgive it next time. Do you understand?" He asked. "Yes." We all answered together. What was going to happen now?

"There's nothing to see here. So go!" He ordered after ripping the scroll in half and throwing it down on the ground in front of us.

We all went back to our normal. Well, we tried. I was trying to find my brother though. He took off.

I eventually found him in an empty room that looked like an unused supply closet. "Hey. I finally found you. Why did you take off? It's just going to make you seem more suspicious."

"I was trying to hide so no one would find me." He told me. "I'm your sister. It was going to happen." I pointed out. He was silent so I kept talking. "It's just a scribble. No one is going to believe it."

"I imagined this moment countless times. But it is not that big of a deal. Could it be because you're in the same boat?" He said to himself. "Look, it doesn't matter what happens. Aro is the only one who knows who we truly are. And she won't give us away that easily." I told him.

"It's fine. If people find out, it will go one way or the other. I will die in the hands of assassins, or I become a real King.... Die or become a real King. I thought about both over again every day. Now that I am faced with it, I fear more about becoming a King, rather than dying. Isn't it funny? A King is afraid of becoming a King..."

I did not like the direction any of this was going.

Banryu's POV

The atmosphere has been really odd since the scroll was dropped.

Suho, Yeoul and I were eating. Hansung too. "I bet it is either Jidwi or Seonu." Hansung said, holding two chopsticks apart, as if it was the two boys. "Why do you always eat here? Go to your group." Suho told him. Hansung ignored him though and kept talking. "We all grew up in the capital. We watched each other grow up. However, not those two. Harin either." He said.

"Enough nonsense." I told him. "Jidwi and Harin are Wihwa's niece and nephew, and Seonu is Master Ahnji's son." Suho said, trying to reason with him.

"That is true." Hansung said, and I think that convinced him. But then Yeoul spoke up. "I think Hansung is right. It is true that we do not know anything about them. If one of them is the King, I think I might know who it is." I sighed.

We went to our classroom after eating and the boys were spreading rumours about who they thought was the King. The next thing I know, Suho spoke up. "Seonu is the King?"

"I guess it was not just me who saw the marks." Yeoul responded. "The mark on Dog-Bird's bracelet matches the one on the scroll?" Suho asked. I turned a bit in my seat to hear better, but I didn't turn around totally. "If he is the King, you must be glad." Yeoul told me. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "I am talking about the fight last time. That means you were hit by the King." He said, punching his palm with his hand.

I spun around to look at him. We agreed to never speak of that again. "You better close that mouth before I hit you." I threatened, annoyed. "All right." Yeo-Wool said, raising his hands in defence.

Harin's POV

Later that night, when we were all getting ready for bed in our room, the atmosphere was really strange. Seonu walked in and Suho and Banryu stopped what they were doing to look at him, but they were looking at him funny. "What is with the mood? Is it not good to have the King as a roommate?" Yeoul spoke up, trying to lighten it. The irony is incredible to me.