Chapter 14

"Seonu's surrounded. They look like they're going to attack." Aro said, panicked. Before we could respond, she left to I assume warn the Princess not to go outside. "Let's go." Suho said, and we grabbed our swords, and ran outside to see a mob of people with torches and pitchforks surrounding where we were staying. "Who are they? Are they assassins?" Suho asked. "I don't know what they are, but there's many of them." Seonu responded.

We didn't know what to do. They were not moving any closer to attack they just kind of stayed there, surrounding us. But it did not stop me from getting more and more anxious by the second. "What do they want?" Banryu spoke up. "What do you think? They're here for our throats and anything valuable." Suho said. Okay, that is a little dramatic Suho.

Then suddenly something clicked in my head. "Guys, aren't we forgetting something?" "The carriage." Seonu realised. "The gifts for Baekje are in it." It could be really bad if they were taken from us.

We rushed to move to the carriage but the mob mirrored us and blocked our path. "We can't just let them take it." Suho spoke up and drew his sword, and Banryu and I almost did too, but my brother suddenly appeared out of nowhere and stood in front of us, stopping us, and his hand was raised. "What are you doing?" Suho asked him. "They don't even have proper weapons." My brother pointed out. I looked at the mob again and he was right. We'd end up killing all of them easily. They wouldn't be able to defend themselves properly. "Don't hurt them." Seonu spoke up. "They starve during the day and rob at night." However he was ignored. Suho was still reprimanding my brother. "Are you out of your mind? We are about to lose the gifts for Baekje."

"Still, we can't kill them." Suddenly, without reason, the people started to back away from us, my grip on my sword loosened. "You're just going to let them off?" Banryu asked. Soon enough they were all gone.

"What's wrong with you?" Suho asked my brother, and then punched him in the face. "HEY!" I yelled, pushing Suho back, hard, making him stumble, and I was kind of proud.

"If the Queen and King end up in danger because of what you did, you won't be safe either."He threatened. "And if you touch my brother like that again, I will put an arrow in your head." I said, fuming. "What would have happened if we killed them all, huh? They had no weapons, not proper ones anyway. If we did, we would have been tracked down eventually by people who knew them, maybe bigger groups, with better weapons and killed. What would happen then? The princess would be in danger, and it would be because we were stupid. We would be dead before even stepping foot in Baekje. God knows what would have happened to Silla then." I haven't even been living in Silla for that long, but it already feels like home to me. More than anywhere else I've been in the past.

My brother spoke up then. "After seeing how those people live, will you support the King?"

"What?" Suho asked, confused. "He is incompetent, foolish and a coward." I know he was playing as Wihwa's nephew and someone who's against the Royal Family and he doesn't actually mean it, but it hurt to hear him say those things about himself.

"You little- "He stepped forward, but Seonu reached out and stopped him. "Stop it." My brother walked off.

The next morning, we went to check the carriage, and sure enough, there was nothing left on it. I sighed. Banryu was the first one to speak up. "Did they know we would pass by here?"

"I think those robbers were from a nearby neighbourhood." Suho guessed. "They are just farmers." Sun-Woo pointed out. "Farmers?" Banryu asked. "The farmers that live near the border end up becoming robbers because of starvation."