6

ouchie warning

____

"You couldn't get much sleep, I found you just in time, but hey, for what it's worth, I think you saved my life."

I looked down at Abby who was on her laptop on the floor. I'd been playing songs from Double Dare and Entertainment, mainly for me and a project I had going on, but she liked listening so I played them for her. Otto, Geoff and I were all trying to find a way to reinvent them.

Equal was absolutely shitty to us so we dropped them, but I guess they got pissed and claimed all the rights to the albums and songs we wrote. So, we were technically re-recording by making little compilation songs of all the songs for both albums.

I've been playing old Waterparks' songs for the past couple days and it's really fun to play for Abby because she just seems so to be amazed. Like, she'd never had someone play guitar to her and only her. I kinda wondered if she ever had.

"See, I'm pretty lucky you like our music because this process would suck if you didn't," I laughed as I finished playing Not Warriors.

"Well, even if I didn't like it, this is your job and you need to do it so I'd have to just suck it up."

I smiled and shook my head, tuning my guitar to play Blonde.

"So you've heard both of the albums right?"

Abby nodded and I sighed.

"For the Double Dare 2019 song, I think I might leave out one or two songs. I was gonna leave out three, but one of them's a HUGE single."

"What three were you thinking?"

"Uh, Powerless, 21, and Stupid For You. But Stupid For You and 21 Questions is are singles. I know I'm leaving out 21, I think I'm gonna leave in Stupid For you but I definitely don't want it to be the center of attention."

She nodded, looking slightly confused.

Powerless, as much as I'm growing to love it again, makes me really bummed out. 21 Questions I can barley make it through anymore, I'll be relieved when Lucas says we can probably start taking it off the set list. Stupid For You has a similar effect to Powerless but it's a single and people will be pissed if we don't play it.

Those three aren't highlights for me anymore. Thinking about the person I wrote them about doesn't really make them worth playing anymore, despite me being proud as hell of writing them. Same with Lucky People. Can't really play it anymore.

I don't entirely know when these are gonna come out. I'd love for them to come out this year at least. It's currently February and we basically have to redo every song and pick what part of it we want. I'm trying to use the files I have the originals to find where to put what so we don't have to re-record everything but that takes so much fucking time. I guess it'll take more time to do all 24 songs, but I have more things to worry about than that.

Elijah wants to hang out a lot recently. I have to make sure my apartment's clean because I'm 1) fairly clean already, but 2) I'm not the only one living here at the moment. I've gotta keep my distance from Abby to make sure I don't annoy her. It's not like she's ever told me to go away or that I was annoying, I just don't want her to think I am. But I also wanna stay close with her so she doesn't think I'm mad at her.

Ever since a couple nights ago where she slept in my room with me, we seem to be getting closer. We talk every night, and I've told her somethings I haven't told anyone, not even Jawn or Travis. Things I never expected to tell anyone just because I thought it didn't matter.